Vegative or Flowering?

I received this plant about a month ago. It was in a 1 gallon pot in dirt and sand, and was growing outdoors. No idea what strain it is but I figured I would try to grow it. I repotted in a 15 gallon container using Miracle Grow (I have read that is a no no, learning lots here). I have bent the stems to the sides and fastened with sticks that are at the edges of the pot in order to open up the middle. It is outdoors in the elements and the weather here is extremely hot and humid, expect the temps to reach close to 100 this weekend. I had a problem with bugs eating the leaves (slugs, grasshoppers and others), therefore I sprinkled Sevin Dust on them and it seems to be working. I have been feeding sparingly. I’m noticing lots of white pistols forming now. I assume this is a female but am I supposed to see that this early in the summer. We are getting over 14 hours of sunshine here but since I don’t know anything about the seed could it be autoflower? I am also growing 2 other feminized seeds from ILGM but they are much smaller. This is actually my first grow so I feel I am flying blind. Can someone look at the pictures and tell me if you think I am still in vegative stage or is this the beginning of flower? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

I am a newbie, too. The white are flowers (as you said). The “stage” would be late veg or early flower.
Did you see the plant “stretch” at pre-flower or now? Just a sign (means something, but not too important.
It was a gift, great friend. Good for you or your husbandry. Good for learning I bet. Congratulations. It’s alive.

1 Like

I’d say hose off that white residue (Sevin bust) and use Capt. Jacks dead bug, it’s safe right up to harvest. It’s in Veg. But it looks fem. to me. Keep a sharp eye out for pollen sacs at those bud sites.

1 Like

It’s still in veg but it is starting to show pre-flowers so she’s a she :wink:

If you have high humidity, I would use something more like Dr. Zymes or Plant Therapy for the bugs as it will also double for helping combat white powdery mildue. But I love Captn Jacks’ Dead Bug too.

Thanks @Caligurl and all that have replied. This is probably a dumb question but when you say she is starting to show pre-flowers “what does that mean?” Will she be going into flowering soon? I thought she would not start flowering until the days got a lot shorter (less than 12 hours).

I just purchased Captn Jacks and will be applying. Thanks again for taking the time to comment.

1 Like

The plants in veg and will stay that way outdoors until there is 12 hours of daylight or less.

1 Like

Pre-flowers are her way of showing you that she’s a female… she won’t actually flower until the days get shorter like @OldSkunk said.

1 Like