Veg lights during flowering stage

I’ve done my share of outdoor growing, but now that I’m legal, and Mother Nature is such a b!&%$, I decided to try indoors. My question is on my lights, In a 2’X4’x60" tent, I have a 600W triple COB (210watt draw) and four 48" LED bars, each drawing 55± watts. Two of the bars are flowering spectrum, and two are veg spectrum. That’s a bit over 400watts total in 8 sq. ft. I’ve been running them all during veg at 18/6, just now flipping over to 12/12. They’re feeding one beautiful Gold Leaf clone, spread out into a scrog, probably 60-70% filled now. Should I run all out on my lights during flower, or shut off the blue ones ? I have no way to dim them. Thanx in advance for any advice.

1 Like

Here she is

2 Likes

Run them all. More power light is better than weaker light in the right spectrum

2 Likes

Yes, I know this question has been asked many times already. I’m just wondering about running over 50 true watts per sq.ft. From what I’ve read that is about the maximum recommended. I assume since they’ve handled it ok during veg the extra blue won’t hinder flowering in any way ?

1 Like

Not hinder, they’ll help

2 Likes

I run a nearly 55 W/ft^2 with no problems. It does depend upon how close you put the lights to you plants. I use a PAR meter to set my lights. I set them so that the canopy is receiving 750 - 950 uMoles/m^2/Sec. This gives them about 50 moles of total light exposure per day.

1 Like

I don’t have a par meter but she seems to be happy so far. So as long as I see no burning / bleaching I’m good to go I guess, Thanks guys. Here’s my light setup with all of them running.

2 Likes