Veg clone indoors under lights then flower outdoors question?

Hi everyone. I’ve got a fridge converted to a grow box. Problem is its not very big. Would I be able to veg in my fridge then when they get too big for the fridge, cut a clone and put the original outside to flower in the sunlight Thru winter. I know I know too cold? My winters are usually relatively mild with day temps between 15-25C and nights 5-15C still 10 hours of daylight too, and that’s the middle of winter and that only lasts a month. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Night time temps of 5c regularly may be a problem. If it were to only drop that low a night or two here and there probably not a big deal. Sounds kind of risky to me.

1 Like

I was in Naracoorte mate and we got at least one frost every winter. That’ll be enough to knock your ladies around pretty good! I know it stays a bit milder along the coast and up Adelaide way, but still pretty risky.

1 Like

At least you won’t be putting a seedling or a small clone out there. Putting a big healthy mom out there, although risky, I would think it would stand a better chance than putting a little guy out there…

Definitely try to acclimate it to the colder temps before just throwing out to the cold

1 Like

Some people cover their outside plants when a frost is expected. You could put up a little frame to hang some tarps on. Good as a wind break too. One thing you have to watch when you put plants out to flower is the time of the seasons. They can go out whenever you have short days, between the equinoxes. That would be September 22 to March 22 in the Northern hemisphere, vice versa in the Southern hemisphere. They need a couple of months of short days or they might change back to vegetation. Then they would take all your local summer to grow huge before they flower in the fall.

1 Like

Build a cold frame over it. Plant it next to a south facing wall (or whatever direction your sun comes from). If your days are getting longer that may present a problem if your dark period gets to short.

EDIT: I see @1BigFella had all that covered.

1 Like

Build some cover and Pick a nice dense Hindu Kush, or other cold climate landrace! The right strain will make it happen.Aloha!

1 Like