Vawton's Grow 2

These are the same ILGM White Widow Fem Photo seeds as my first grow. As for air circulation, just to the left in that last picture I have the lower vent flap propped open for intake, and I have my 4" fan pulling air out of the vent at the top right vent by the light. Temp has been peaking at about 80F.

How bizarre, and your pH is where it should be?

I can only assume so. I never got any meters to test PH or anything because I’m only using the APotforPot mix and straight bottled purified drinking water.

Ahhh- it could be a picky pheno in terms of pH! Might help ya out bro.

in looking at the pic on line 16 ww2 is already looking healthier than ww3. in looking back thru your journal it appears that you watered them always at the same time. if that is the case, you are watering them when you want to, not when the plant tells you that it is time. giving two different plants the exact same treatment will not get the exact same results, because the plants will not grow the exact same way, even if they are clones, though i have had differing perspectives on clones from others. but fact is, each plant is it’s own entity and will have it’s own needs. i will tag some others to chime in as i consider myself a journeyman grower, not an expert.

@Hellraiser @MattyBear @Arrow @BobbyDigital

2 Likes

And just how do the plants tell you how much water they want? :slight_smile:

1 Like

by picking up the pots. if you have an extra pot and extra soil, then fill the pot with the soil and you have a base for what a pot and soil feels like when it doesn’t have water in it. then compare to your other pots to decide when it’s time to water.

2 Likes

@monkman and @Low gave good advice … :ok_hand:

my take on this would be to sort the issue out by way of elimination…water as per monkman’s description…check for a pest infection and treat accordingly…invest in a ph meter as per Low and check ph in, at a very minimum, even if you use only apotforpot mix, you still have to mix it thoroughly yourself, before you put it into the pot…this ensures consistency in your medium it sorts the potential weight difference between the pots and also ensures an even nutrient distribution between the pots…environmental factors ( lights, fans etc.) can also cause downward curling leave …take these one by one and eliminate their potential to create problems…like i said, this is my take,…hope this helps…happy growing… :sunglasses: :v:

2 Likes

Swapping their positions in the tent seemed to really perk WW3 up. Whether it’s the fresher air on that side of the tent or the benefit of less effect from the tower fan, I don’t know. Both pots seemed really light and dry, so I gave them both another half pint of water.

This is Day 36.
IMG_20211025_1

2 Likes

Day 46. WW3 on left, WW2 on right. Giving each about a half pint of water every five days. The Fimming didn’t really seem to take right, so I Topped them both about ten days ago.

IMG_20211104_1

WW3 has about caught up in size, though WW2 has the little hedgehogs peeking out now about two weeks since the flip to 12/12.

Both girls seem to be on a good track now. I expect to be doing some defol and LST through November, hoping for harvest about mid-December.

2 Likes

Day 61. WW3 on left, WW2 on right.

IMG_20211119_1

Both girls were wilting hard yesterday, so assuming I’ve been under-watering, I doubled it to a full pint of water for each and they both look much happier today.

1 Like

Day 89. Still not sure why they’ve gotten so yellow. I guess the reason they’re still so small is I didn’t veg them long enough. I’d hoped to be close to harvest by now, but looks like about another month to go.

IMG_20211217_1

2 Likes

Day 107
IMG_20220104_1
IMG_20220104_2
Still not sure why these two came out so pitiful. They’ve only fattened up just a little bit over the last month. Maybe I should have lowered the light? Maybe the APotForPot mixture was defective somehow? I gave them a shot of Jacks321 and honey last week and it didn’t seem to do anything.

I am seeing partial amber in the trichomes so I guess I might as well go ahead and chop them. I’ll be lucky to get a half ounce total out of both of them. I think I’ll be going with Happy Frog on the next grow.

3 Likes