Vacuum pack buds then to Freezer?

I want to store my buds after curing them since Feb.1. I am wondering if I vacuum pack my buds while in their plastic jars now with out the lids on is there any sense to put in the Boveda packs while in the Freezer? Or could I continue to cure them in the jars with out burping them for a week. Thanks……I would cure longer but I am heading out the door for a 1 week vacation on Friday so I can’t continue to burp these jars Thanks again.

2 Likes

@Chungo Freezer is fine, as long as you don’t care what they look like. They’ll stick together, but will work just fine. I would skip the boveda packs, as they will just freeze.

2 Likes

If you are going to be gone for a week why don’t you put the cannabis in the refrigerator and finish your cure when you get back?

A freezer is good so long as it’s not a frost free model. The repeated warming and freezing degrades THC into CBN. Also putting in a jar before vacuum sealing is a good idea to keep them turning into a solid mass of green plant material you can’t do anything with. (voice of experience lol)

7 Likes

Thanks for the help. The shed I have them in is about 40 F if I take out the heat so maybe I will just leave them alone while I am gone and finish off the cure for 2 more weeks when I get back…

Do you have any info on the degrdation of THC into CBN with freezing?..Thanks

1 Like

I found this out from a food scientist friend of mine who works for a medical cannabis company. A Google search should point you into numerous articles on the subject.

1 Like