Uva/ Uvb supplement lights

And yes
Bag seed and miracle grow
Throw in some goat poo tea at flower and away we went

Dam I’m old lol

Lol! You boys might as well switch back to HPS :grin:

@Hellraiser so from what im understanding uva is better for veg whole phase and beginning flower then last 3 weeks run uvb like 3 hrs a day?

That would be to easy
Lol

UVA is less stressful on the plants so can be run all the time for the benefits of it, so I run UVA for all of veg and flowering. UVB is much more stressful and can inhibit growth so best to only use for last 2-3 weeks of flowering after the plants are pretty much done growing and just swelling up buds. Even then best to limit UVB to a couple hours a day (depending on UVB watts and distance from plants) as it will burn up the plants when given too much.

4 Likes

I also ran UVB lamps when I grew with HPS as the glass on air-cooled hoods/cool tubes blocked/absorbed any UVB from HPS bulbs.

They got some killer deals on the California light works site and HLG think they are both 15-20% off. I’ll try and snag 2 of each for the flower tent and see how this next run goes. Not too shabby for under $500 assuming shipping isn’t an arm and a leg. Thank you everyone for the help its much appreciated and sorry for stealing your post @Odin1

1 Like

No worries all good

1 Like

Yeah those cool tube hoods are no good because of this reason. I’ve ran them in open hoods in winter for a long time.

2 Likes

I have a room in which I use cool tubes and I never thought about the glass blocking uv. How is this impacting my grow

Just not getting any UV to the plants with glass in the way, they don’t need it to grow nice buds but missing out on the benefits of UV.

But UV isn’t everything, genetics is way more important, my Cherry Ice Cream is killer smoke whether UV is used or not.

3 Likes

Have you ever grown or smoked memberberry

1 Like

See with my 2×2×180 im goin to put one light one each corner of my tent so the plant will be surrounded buy UVA light

@Hellraiser in your opinion would one hlg 30 uva light be enough for a 4x4 canopy at around 18 inches (again low head room )

2 Likes

Yes that would be fine.

1 Like

I use 4 HLG side mounted throughout flower. 1 Cal UVB in the last weeks. I also use UVA flood lights throughout flower, 50 and 100 watt both higher and lower spectrum ranges. great for trichome production if all other factors are dialed in. Also use some of the rapid led pucks for smaller applications. :green_heart::pray::v:

3 Likes

These are some of the floods.

2 Likes

Have you had any deficiencies due to UVA lighting? I’ve used my HLG UVA light for two grows and whichever plant is underneath it also develops magnesium deficiencies. I have to run my UVA lamp about 30 inches or the deficiency is bad. When I switched which plant was under the light, one recovered and the other started showing signs.

Maybe a little if I let the plants get too close to it (like 12" or less from light). I prefer to keep the UVA and main lights at about 28-30 inches away when possible.

2 Likes

So I got the new spiderfarmer se3000 with uv (Grey one) .
And the 3 plants under it was way more frosty the the 3 of same strains in tent beside them under a Growers Choice Roi-e720…
I didn’t mean to run an experiment but when bagging it up to cure it was a very noticeable difference. So I think it works :man_shrugging:

4 Likes