UVA grow light mounted on wood what do yous think

Here is my UVA grow lights i mounted them to two pieces of wood

1 Like

Wood is fine. They look like black lights though.

1 Like

Yah thay do but they are a UVA grow light

I’m not a big fan of wood in a grow room…
Like the idea , but I have walked into some fixtures being on fire , ie , my co2 generator that was shooting out 3 foot flames…
I’ve also had light fixtures catch flame as well…
Everything in my rooms is hung from a chain no more than 3 foot from the ceiling…
And anything electrical is surrounded by fire proof walls and is incised in a way that hopefully nothing can go wrong… .knock on wood , my head … :grin:
You should look up a company called (fire defender) they were selling fire extinguishers that go off on their own incase of a fire…
For the money they are worth the peice of mind especially if you grow were you sleep… :sparkles:
:v:t4: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I was going to fix one light on each pole in my tent but the wire links arent long enough i may extend them so i can mount them on the poles

2 Likes

Believe it or not , I’ve had simple cfls that were only 25 watt’s start on fire and burn a pretty good flame…
I’ve only been there at just the right time for some reason and trust me , I’m a lazy gardner , so it’s always just by chance that I catch things before they get out of hand…
So my goal in the beginning was to build the room as fire safe as possible and now that I’ve experienced the things that I have…
Fire proofing is my first mane goal when installing new equipment into the space…
Safety first , always…

1 Like

These can be unclipped from the wood and its all i had to mount them to ,im original plan was to mount them to the poles in my tent but the wire links arent long enough to do so i still mite make the wire links longer so i can mount one light on each pole or i mite have a look at getting some aluminium angle and mount th to that im just looking at different things im only goin to be using them in flowering stage

3 Likes

No worries , just always want my fellow cultivators to be as safe as possible when enjoying this most beautiful hobby that we all share… :green_heart: :+1:t4:
So when adding equipment , always make sure to think about the best protection that you can come up with for fire safety… :wink:

3 Likes

I appreciate your help if you have any ideas how i can do this in a safer manner it will be appreciated i still have alot of time to work this out though as my girls are still coming out of seedling stage

3 Likes

Ditto! I’m not a big fan of wood with heat, electricity, or grow rooms lol.

These look like they are prepared to mounted under cabinets, which is really no different than what you have. Probably be fine.

Can you build frame from something like aluminum angle?

3 Likes

Im thinking about doing something with angle and theses are only 8 watts aswell and they have clips that they clip into aswell

2 Likes

I use it for my light frames pretty much always. Its more expensive than lumber, and not as easy to cut. But superior in just about every other way for our application.

5 Likes