Using ppm & pH for a better grow

U.K Cheese Auto in soil was started in February. Under 500 watt CFL’s daylights in a 5 gallon bucket. It’s about 3-4 weeks away from harvest.
I’m on a water, feed, feed schedule using GH Flora Nova Bloom 4-8-7 half strength. I water every every 3 to 4 days usually 2 L.
I’m going to just water til harvest.
I had my very first harvest last month and it netted me 50g off an auto. My second harvest was not as successful.
I WANT TO GET BETTER AT THIS.

I’m trying to figure out what the ppm and pH numbers mean and use them to produce a better crop. Please help.
June 17 feed 2L ppm 541 pH 6.5
June 21 water 2L ppm 240 pH 7.1
June 29 feed 2L ppm 714 pH 6.6
July 4 feed 2L ppm 632 pH 6.4
July 8 water 2L ppm 312 pH6.5

My other plant grown in the same conditions as above.
Royal Queen Seeds EasyBud Auto 3.5 months since seedin and it is ready to harvest in 3-4 weeks

June 22 feed 2L ppm 834 pH 6.4
June 29 feed 2L ppm 994 pH 5.7
July 4 water 2L ppm 1290 pH 5.1
July 8 water 2L ppm 1280 pH 5.1

Are all these numbers within range? Why the higher ppm on my EasyBud girl? Again my goal is to get better at this growing thing thereby producing higher and better quality yields.

All comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks

This late in bud your nutrient numbers should be in the 1,100 to 1,200 range. They are extremely demanding now. That said, your ph is way too acidic for the plants to benefit from the extra nutrients. Ph 6.5 AFTER nutrients are added to the water. Runoff ph should be 6.2 or 6.3 for soil. If you want to adjust ph a bit more organically you can use things like lemon juice and baking soda for ph down and up.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 Good deal brother

@HJL Are those numbers the pH and TDS ppm going in or in your runoff? You need to measure the pH and TDS before you water and then what runs off.

We would then need to know the nutrients and how much were given… We will get you there and help this make sense!

3 Likes