Using Nutrients

After mixing up My grow time should I use this every couple days when I water are should I only use it once a week or what. I have been using it every time I water ,no ill effects I can see so for .
Thanks
pawpaw70

Depends on nutrients, concentration, and what you’re growing in. I’m not familiar with growtime, do the bottles or schedule suggest a way to use it?

I’m using bergmans nutrients and have this schedule they offer to follow. Do I need to change the water out each week with the addition of the next nutrients shown or when would I do that? Also I was told to run 50% of this charts dosage. This is my first grow,

also using RDWC 4 bucket system

This is some nutrients I got fro ILGM , to be used during the veg. state. All it shows for directions. Is use for week 3 to week 4 .

That doesn’t answer my question

I’m using same chart.

Pawpaw70

Hi @PawPaw70

I use the ILGM Nutrients, formerly called Flower Power, too. I am still using the Flower Power schedule as a reference, which is slightly different from the Bergman schedule, but not too far off. In my first grow, I originally added full dose and my plants were messed up, so I definitely advocate for a reduced dosage.

I am in an amended coco/perlite based “soilless” media called Roots Organics Original potting soil. Because it’s a soilless coco, I water frequently and to significant runoff. I water every other day, with a 1/4 to 1/3 dosage based on those charts. So, for example, my well water starts at 8pH and 180ppm of “stuff”. Based on a 1200ppm normal dose, I add enough flowertime so the ppm of the water is 480ppm (180 +0.25*1200) and then pH down to 5.8.

The only exception is the boost and foliar feeds. I use full dose for those.

When I measure the ppms coming out, if its below 1000, I bump up to the 1/3 dosage next time I water; if the runoff is over 1000, I drop back down to the 1/4. The goal is to stay around 1000.

That said, I am not a soil person so not an expert here. This is speculation, but I think if you are in soil and do not water as frequently, perhaps 1/2 dosage would be more appropriate. My plants see fresh food every other day, but if you water less frequently in soil, it may be appropriate to feed more at the time. Others in soil may comment differently.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

1 Like

You’re using the schedule listed above? That looks like it would recommended for usage in a hydro system. You mentioned watering, I’m assuming that means you’re in soil or soilless. Which means you would likely be more pointed towards the other schedule and have a little better luck with a feed water feed water rotation. That being said, I’ve never used it and merely a suggestion based on experience with other lines.

Thanks, am in soil, very light and airy.
From a good soaking until next time needed to add some moisture is 2 days, I then add enough moisture that let’s me go 2 days more and so on. Using moisture meters. I use the nutrient mixture, mixed as show on chart to water with . Plants look Great. Soil samples all look good.

1 Like

In my case I was nutrient feeding 1 time every 4 days and watering in between with PH balanced tap water 6.5.
After the plant started getting bigger, I needed to water daily, think because I have good coco,worm casting soil setup that drains quickly. So for me Nutes 1 every 4 days until watering schedule changes then more often with both tap and nutes. Depends really on your setups drainage, ventilation, evaporation, but the above worked well for me. I bet you ask 10 people tho and get several different answers.

Dem
my2cents

Thanks very much.