Using Lux Meters

Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve made a post for some estimates where you want your lumens/ppfd at for early veg/late veg/ flower. I cant seem to find them though.

1 Like

Nice. I’m getting about 800 across the tops. Probably why they are crushing the nutes

2 Likes

Found it.
Depending on your grow space you will need around
10-15k (lumens) (~150-220µMol/s) Early Vegging
25-30k (lumens) (~350-350µMol/s) Late Vegging
50-60k (lumens) (~750-900µMol/s) Flowering

3 Likes

You guys are like lighting ma scientists lol. Thanks for the info. I think I’m sitting pretty. I am going to add a fourth 135w for the next grow. The end plant seems to be getting a little less than I would like.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the info. All these gadgets are useless unless you know how to decider the data collected.

3 Likes

I read someplace that budding plants can’t use more than about 85k lux without adding CO2, Full summer sun on my front porch is 120k lux!

I dunno about that. The sun is usually 100,000 lumens sq meter at sea level, so maybe more than that I would say would need co2.

I have measured 120,000 lux (lumens per square meter) on my porch at noon. That’s about 700 feet elevation in Southern California. Last summer, I grew five different strains outside as an experiment. The sativas were fine. The indicas were both sunburned.

So I have an average of 60,000 lux across my canopy and it comes out to about 874 ppfd. I’m guessing that’s pretty good??
@dbrn32 @Aolelon

It’s very good!

2 Likes

Sweet! Hopefully it makes for so dense nugs

2 Likes

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

2 Likes

I’ll be adding another 135 to the grow room after this grow I think. I want one light per plant next time.

2 Likes

You could probably turn and dim them a little if you do that.

1 Like

Now that I know the intensity i will

1 Like

Yea that sounds like a pretty good place to be. Good deal.

1 Like

Thanks for your help.

2 Likes