Using humidity controller

I’ve searched and haven’t seen much for humidity controllers running an exhaust fan for grow tent 4x2 and haven’t seen a lot. Sounds great on paper but maybe a air flow issue? I was thinking of having a smaller cfm fan running the intake as backup when my exhaust fan is not running do to the humidity being in the correct range.

if the humidity is in range why do u want a fan pushing more air in or out?

id say if u want the air moving just put an oscillating fan inside the tent to circulate air to keep it from stagnating. also u may find humidity increases when u blow air on the leaves. then ur exhaust will kick on

I was just concerned that say the humidity stayed within range for a long period of time then the Co2 levels would drop to low, I’m very new to the whole thing lol

Also if there’s no positive pressure the smell will leach out through the intake no ?

I was thinking of having a smaller cfm fan running the intake as backup when my exhaust fan is not running do to the humidity being in the correct range.
Aren’t you doing that anyway @Sutton. I have a 220cfm intake fan pumping air from another room into my grow rooms and a 6 inch extraction fan pulling 440cfm from both rooms with filters. Basically my rooms are 1:1 air ratio. Only had smell when we lost power and I opened up the door to the flowering room. Stunk up the whole house.

1 Like

I been fighting with low humidity do to living in a dry area and plants are still very small and not releasing much water. Was just trying to figure out best method for maintaining air flow and humidity.

I’m not that scientific about water vapor deficit yada yada myself. I just use a $10 humidifier I found at Habitat for the winter months.

I can’t remember who was posting about VPD the other day. The best thing is to do a search with the right key words and you might find what you need.

1 Like

I hear ya, I’m gone for 7 days at a time so I need a good solid system :+1:

1 Like