Using HLG 260W Full Spectrum Grow Light

I guess it makes sense given they got stunted for about 4 days each then I transplanted into another solo cup with more soil. If you remember they were only half full initially.

I’ve been feeding them 250 ml of water with nutes each day. Each time slightly increasing nutes. I noticed today after I did it the leaves perked up on the right one. Should I continue like this or is it too much?

And why do you reckon the growth is so slow?

I’m still a little green myself but I dont see giving neuts at that age. There’s not enough root there to handle them. Next time put seedling in a clear solo cup first and just slip it into a red one, this way you can remove the clear cup and see the root grouth.

3 Likes

These picts were taken real close to transplant.

She could just be concerned with growing roots right now or the neuts or environmental. Ide give her a week and you will see a change. It was only about this stage I removed the dome. One thing I’ve" kinda" learned is first of all this that we grow is a WEED sometimes the less we fiddle with them the better! Also it’s a WEED they will endure and grow.

haha yeah I’m slowly learning that. Gonna take your advise and let them be for the next week.

Hey guys,

Little update:

One is doing really well, this one is weird. Droopy smaller leaves and the other 2 never recovered:

Does that look like something is off to you guys ?

It is growing, noticeably from day to day, but it seems a bit off.

Humidity is too high, soil appears overwatered from the pictures. Does it always run that high next to the plants?

Hi,

Usually runs between 61 to 75%, after I spray the dome it goes up like that for a while. I had to bring them closer to the light because they started stretching too much and it brought the range up slightly. I haven’t added water to the soil since the Sunday before last. The top soil is slightly damp but I assumed that was the humidity ?

Update:

It was a rocky start but they are doing well! Let me know if you see anything off.

3 Likes

And of course, thanks to you guys for the wisdom and experience sharing!

1 Like

Hey again guys,

So I’ve opted for FIMming as opposed to topping. Does anybody have experience with this? Pics attached below:

2 Likes

Looks good let me tag @Nicky He fims his plants. That’s where I learned

1 Like

I would have to see a closer picture, not sure if you left some leaf or cut it down to the stem hard to see.

I would suggest moving your fan, get something that will make it grip better to the pole (I used foam piping insulation from a local hardware store) have your fan blowing down on your plants and give them a nice little Russell

Hey Nicky,

Unfortunately it’s tricky to get a closer view with my phone, it goes too out of focus. Try these maybe? These were just taken:

Let me know if this helps. I tried to leave about 20% behind and followed some images/videos I found.

1 Like

That’s better, I think they all look successful again better but not able to tell 100%.
Good job I’m sure they will be fine.

1 Like

In your experience, how long should I wait from this point to:

a) Start LST
b) Go into budding (how long do these new colas take to reach full size)

Well I grow autos so I ussualy do that and then don’t touch them =p.
All depends on the environment, medium, nutrients, VPD, lighting, carbon dioxide levels etc before we can see how fast plants grow.

I did some research and the consensus seems to be waiting two to three weeks before starting LST to give the new growth time to emerge. I think I did it a bit late (6th node on each plant) so not sure if it will be as easily doable. Here are some updates form the first 48 hours (I have 2 plants, top and side view for each):

1 Like