Using CO2 with tents open

From a fellow grower: I run my tents open not closed due to heat. I can’t turn the air conditioner down in the house to compensate, the AC unit can’t handle the load, my temps are constant 88° and humidity ranges regularly around 50% throughout the entire growth cycle. I’ve given up on controlling heat and humidity.

So here’s my question and my first harvest I used two bags of exhale CO2 and I really don’t know if it was worth it because my tents are open and highly ventilated with indirect fans running when the lights are on. If I were to close the tent the temperatures would jump well over 100°. So with an open tent in a 10 x 10 bedroom how much CO2 do I need to compensate for the tent being open and what’s the most economical way to reduce it.

Co2 wont do anything with tent open and it would take alot to fill the room if possible at all

Co2 bags are a waste of money , and youd have to be an expert to effectively use tanks , just make sure your lung room has plenty of air exchange and you ll be fine and if you invest in a good 6-8 inch venting style exhaust fan that leads directly outside it’ll also help A LOT with heat

88 degrees is pushing the upper end. Is there any way of adding a portable AC to the bedroom? It does have to be vented to outside the bedroom.

I grow with an open tent in a 10x12 closed room. Been growing in it for 3 years.
I never have added CO2 at all. I walk through the room a couple times a day but mostly it stays closed.
Air introduced from a single HVAC vent that runs intermittently.
I think we over estimate the amount of CO2 plants need. The level of co2 in atmosphere is very low. Its been shown that to use extra co2 you need to increase not just CO2 but all the environmental aspects of the grow area which would need a completely sealed room with environmental controls for heat/cool, light (a lot more than normal), humidity and CO2.
I would ditch the extra co2 and just grow the plants in your tent without it.

3 Likes