Using a Moisture Meter for the 1st time

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 7.53.12 AM
I was wondering how many use a moisture meter to measure the moisture level to their plant. For the 1st time I bought a moisture meter/light/PH meter for my grow and the results have been amazing. Being able to monitor all 3 of these elements has produced a very healthy plant for my grow. It’s amazing how much an inexpensive tool can aide great results.

1 Like

those are not very accurate for ph. most around here would suggest an Apera product for measuring their input feed, or run off. for soil ph, you would use the same product and make a soil slurry. again these jacks of all trades probes are masters of none.

for when to water, i would suggest the next time you water, pick it up before and after you water to judge the difference in weight. and then when you think it’s time to water, pick it up and if it’s still heavy, don’t water.

happy growing!

4 Likes

i have 1 of those and its useless really, the ph on it def doesn’t work, no matter the ph of the soil- the meter reads 7 no matter what

5 Likes

I appreciate the suggestion for the Apera but I’m not spending close to $400 for a PH meter. I guess if I was growing a ton of weed it would be justified but not for one plant.

1 Like

The Apera isn’t neer that price.

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-AI209-Waterproof-Accuracy/dp/B01ENFOHN8/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Apera+ph+pen&qid=1638626113&sr=8-3?tag=greenrel-20

4 Likes

I’d be careful using the meter you have, itll have you chasing your tail or killing your plants. Rather see ya wing it then go by the meter you have.

3 Likes

I use the moisture part of that meter to get an idea of what the moisture is because my plants are to big to pick up every other day. The ph part does nothing. I got the Apera 20 it was $49. It has been worth the money for testing the ph.
Happy Growing :v::blush:

5 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-AI209-Waterproof-Accuracy/dp/B01ENFOHN8/ref=asc_df_B01ENFOHN8/?tag=greenrel-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312243960696&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4101772297920487786&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9008552&hvtargid=pla-384195248399&psc=1

this is the exact one i bought. 50 bucks. sorry should have included a link.

3 Likes

Okay, I get it, the PH part of my tester isn’t very good. I still like the light measuring feature and the moisture features of this meter. Growing under a scrog net doesn’t work for picking up the plant to check for water weight as someone suggested. All in all my grow is going very well using my meter.

2 Likes

In the past I have had a grow go completely bad due to either over watering, over fertilizing or little or too much lighting. Without any tools to monitor water, light or PH who knows where I messed up. I guess it is whatever works for you and this is working for me.

1 Like

I will go out on a limb and say that meter isn’t worth a F and bad info is worse than no info.

3 Likes

looks great, seriously. It’s clearly working.

Keep on keepin on. Life’s a garden, dig it.

4 Likes

$60 Apera ph20 on Amazon, pH meter only. $100 Apera ph60, pH and TDS meter. The moisture meter is about the only function that’s close accurate on your meter, but the weight of the bags/pots when dry and wet is almost a more accurate way to tell when your plants need water. If you’re getting results with it, though, by all means, grow on! But you have to be the only person to get a dependable one. Good luck and happy growing!!!

I use a hanna soil ph tester but it was close to $200 definitely comes in handy tho. I have my plants under a net and still lift to check weights before watering you dont have to lift them up much to get a feel for the weight. Dry they will be super light as compared to heavy its like 10lbs

i have the apera, paid 49.99

I use a moisture meter and it has a soil ph meter aswell very similar to that one

1 Like