Used gorilla tape on broken stalk

I had no idea I was going to save them. They both are doing well and budding out. Next time this happens I will use regular duct tape or masking tape because I don’t think the gorilla tape stretches enough. When I cut it off it was under some pressure and you can see the stalk was deformed. This is my first year growing in the open because it’s legal and they are growing crazy in full sun. I have one around ten feet tall.

Whoa, can only imagine how u felt when u heard her snap. Using root jell, r aloe is the first thing I would have done, definitely was not a waste. She might loose 1 beat but that was when u heard the snap. The worst is behind u, grow on… n watch out for them unexpected wind storms. Read here on the forum that a dude staked 4 sides of the plant, then used some wire higher up on the plant. Basically boxing the plant n to ensure it’s got support higher up the plant instead of just at ground level.

2 Likes

Yeah I have one that’s ten feet tall and I’m wondering how the heck I’m going to be able to tie it. I have a tpost but that doesn’t go even half way up lol. I’m going to rig something.

1 Like

I would love to have that problem @HighEric. I know it is what it is n there’s not a lot u can do this year to rectify the problem, idk pray to the weather gods?? maybe hold ur breath lol. Hopefully next grow u can stake them babies down, 1/2" rebar about 10’ long. Meanwhile I truly hope u get to harvest all ur plants this year, I’m rooting for u, I want to see them ladies n all their glory.

1 Like

It’s been an adventure this year for sure. This is how it started I planted them in the field and went on a family vacation. I didn’t have them fenced in at the time and when we got back my wife cried when she saw that something got to them and ate all the leaves off every plant except one. Well they recovered nicely from that somehow lol. Challenge after challenge they are tougher than tomatoes for sure lol.

2 Likes

Wow what a way to start a grow, I guess ur lucky they left u something to work with. U know it’s usually not this difficult to complete a grow. The trials n tribulations have made for a very “interesting” grow, to put it mildly. N u done a hell of a job that many may have just walked away from, I’m thinking ur wife will b crying for a different reason, soon enough. Knowledge is power my friend n I believe u learned a butt load. That will only make ur future grows, go much smoother n hopefully a lot less stressful. Peace

Now I have some kind of catipillar eating my buds and causing damage to my buds.

Get some BT, thuricide. It works well.

1 Like

I wonder how close to harvest I could use this on my budd

Very close, I think (not 100% sure) you can use it up to a week before

1 Like

That did the trick I will add this to my regime in the future outdoor grows. I’m learning so much every year

2 Likes

Ladies b lookin good. Looks like some unwanted guests also showed up for the salad bar. Do u know how long they have been living off ur plants?? Caterpillars r marijuana lovers, if u see any signs u definitely want to do something about it immediately. Stem boring caterpillars do their damage from the inside of the plant so, they can go undetected until it’s to late and the harm is done. When it comes to stem borers the only real way to get rid of them is cut them out of the plant. Hemp borers will damage the buds, n it only takes 5 to 10 caterpillars to destroy ur plant.

1 Like

I have been treating them with captain Jack’s. Next year I will use it the whole season for prevention. They are what has been causing the bud rot. I think I’m close one one of the plants. Cloudy trichs

1 Like

We all live n learn till the next grow, as u have done the hard way this year. Keep n eye out for any caterpillars still lingering about, without natural predators to keep them n check, it all falls on u. Also I hate to say it but watch out for any eggs ur guests may have left behind for u to find later on. Good luck @HighEric I really hope u crush it. Plus cloudy trichs…excellent!