Use open bag of dirt? Or pick up a new one?

@Oldguy @BobbyDigital @Hellraiser @Covertgrower

I feel like I should be trimming at least some of the fan leaves closer to the bottom at this point. I have thinned it out a bit middle to top but haven’t touched the bottom… 2/3rds or so of the plant.
Get the scissors out? Or let it run till it gets a little taller?
Sorry about the pic, my phone really hates that LED lol

I take those lower leaves one the canopy is established and they’re being shaded.

2 Likes

So let it grow a bit so the trained branches stretch out a bit more and start growing vertically? Then thin out the bottom 1/3rd?

They are pretty shaded now, some light leaking through but not much

That’s when I get rid of them.

1 Like

Got it, thanx… scissors coming out tonight.

1 Like

Bottom 1/3 undergrowth is usually removed for me.

2 Likes

That’s everything bottom 1/3 right? Not just the fan leaves?

1 Like

Correct. It usually ends up as larf. You might have a use for it, but if you despise trimming like I do bottom 1/3 goes.

2 Likes

Yeah, 6 outdoor plants harvested a few months ago made me seriously dislike trimming :joy:. I’m not going to hate one this run but yeah, I didn’t really bother with the bottom popcorn buds and tossed them after the second plant was trimmed :smile:

Thanx everyone

2 Likes

Will spray purecrop tonight, I did see a couple white egg looking things under 60X magnification on one of those leaves from earlier today. We’ll see how that works a few days from now…

1 Like

3 Likes

That will let some air move thru a lot easier now too. Looks good.
:v:

1 Like

I’d definitely lST her and pluck a few of them larger fan leaves open her up to some more light she’ll thank you for it

1 Like

Was thinking I took quite a bit off and would take another run at the center in a few days. Gotta deal with that egg I saw on the bottom of that affected leaf too. Maybe purecrop then spinosaud a couple days later. Didn’t want to stress it too much.

1 Like

I keep the bottom third of the plants pretty clean, nothing good grows down there, just larf.

3 Likes
  • What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed - Amnesia Diesel, Pacific Seed Bank
  • Method: Soil - FFHF
  • Vessels: - 7G smart pot
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) - 6.6 in, 6.9 out. Correcting that next water with a lower PH in
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable - will have meter on Monday
  • Indoor or Outdoor - Indoor 3x3x6
  • Light system - california lightworks solar extreme 250
  • Temps; Day, Night 70 / 64
  • Humidity; Day, Night 36 / 42
  • Ventilation system; Vortex 6"
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, Yes to all
  • Co2; No

Two things showed up yesterday, one with reddish rusty kind of color and the second more of a brown tint to it.

@Hellraiser @Oldguy @BobbyDigital @Covertgrower

Just stick with 6.5ph solution. Let the soil buffers do what they do.

Looks like she wants more calcium. What are you feeding?

1 Like

I just started feeding Canna Flores on the 12th super light 3ml but have been giving either 2ml cal mag + or 3 ml silica blast for the past few weeks. Last water was a light feeding of Canna Flores only, 6ml (all are ml/gallon).

Give it 5ml cal mag next water?

Seedling popped out of dirt 10/19. Transplanted 11/6

Correction, canna terra vega @BobbyDigital