Urine as fertilizer

Forum squad, upon much reading I encountered some die hard all natural growers. They use their own urine as a fertilizer with a dilution of 1 part urine to 20 parts water. Have you guys had any experience with this? Was it successful? Not that I want to try but chemicals are destroying everything in the world and if this reduces my footprint definitely worth while.

Do you really think you are going to pee enough to feed a crop?
Maybe if you drink more beer?
Sorry…couldn’t help myself…:wink:

1 Like

Tan lover , I also was laughing unbelievably when I first read this craziness, but hard core environmental growers swear by it. So who knows how much pee, we have smoked in the past :joy:

Have read urea on many fertilizers…just kind of made me choke a little…lol.
rather not think of how much animal pee I will smoking next time…:nauseated_face:

I hope there are some more positive inputs as the OP is asking a decent question.:nerd_face:

1 Like

See all I know about this is yes uric acid is very good for a plant. I remember this from cheech and cHong movies lmao

3 Likes

This can be done… but you must understand that there is a fermentation process that has to happen before you can use it… :wink:

I have a hard enough time trying to find time to keep up with my garden , let alone trying to fab up nutrients… some people have the time … as for me … I don’t… I just use general hydroponic fertilizers and additives… there cheap ,clean and super easy to use… no fuss no muss… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

For all that have provided input. I appreciate the feedback, I don’t want anyone to think that I believe that I can undertake such a huge task. It literally was brought up to have conversation and learn from one another about this topic. Actually it is quite funny but an interesting topic

1 Like

Man, don’t pee on your pot.

happy cake day @Sirsmokes

1 Like

its actually a good nitrogen source when diluted correctly. Check some of the organic gardening sites. most have instructions on how to use urine

2 Likes

You need to ferment it first then dilute the fermented pee
I personally would find another source tho

1 Like

Back in the day before home depot or lowe’s farmers had to make dew (pun intended) lol

1 Like

I have no doubt if the world as we know it came to a end youd be a survivor @Sasquatch
Lol

1 Like

I was at h depot loooking at their soil & certilizers. Upon askong aboit bat guanno, i was politely told no we dont carry it but have a human waste fertilizer if youd like to give it a try. But no bats

Amazon and our friends at foxfarms have you covered @Laurap
They also carry other brands

https://www.amazon.com/FoxFarm-FX14056-Happy-Phosphate-Fertilizer/dp/B002HIJLVC?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

Fellow forum peeps… awesome feedback , this is the type of interaction I was hoping for. There a few articles out there in the subject. Theory and practice are quite different, so it’s good to know that most people are sticking to the traditional

Laurap, I can only imagine your facial and expression as this was being said :flushed::joy:

Thank you @Sasquatch

So hapy you chimed in! Got a stupid question. Last summer when soil was on sale i cant remember if i baked it all or j ust what was needed. Cani rebake or sjould i just use this soil for my outside plants? Ha Ha, i can still comeup with a good stuipid … Hope this finds you & yours well!

1 Like

I dont see why you couldn’t bake it again
It wont hurt anything @Laurap
You bake it out in the sun correct?
And you can always tag me
Im busy theses days but do check in regularly

1 Like