Upside down growing

Has anyone ever tried growing upside down indoors with LEDs on the ground facing up? I keep having issues with spider mites and I’m using predator mites to keep em at bay but it is expensive and am thinking that I’d be able to keep spider mites from making webs on my buds if I figure a way to hang em while feeding without making a mess.

You could, but sounds like a recipe for disaster when it comes time for watering. Make sure it’s a waterproof light!

1 Like

I have waterproof LEDs with drivers removed and located outside growroom for lower temps. I’ve looked everywhere one YouTube but I guess nobody else has tried this since fanless led grow lights are relatively new. Theoretically it seems like an awesome idea. I guess I’ll try it with a single plant in my grow tent. Potentially becoming a new grow method I can name after myself … lol.

1 Like

Not really, have had mine for 5 years.

I know @MrPeat said he had grown sideways , and had thought about doing one upside down.

2 Likes

I did ask about the upside down deal a few months back @Covertgrower. For the tester cbd plant i was playing with. Never did it tho. I was gonna do the same thi g. Lights below but off to sides enoigh not to get wet really. A good covered pot and flip her and water from the bottom. If u do it i wanna know the outcome. I was gonna try it with my cbd when she started flower but never did.

1 Like

Oooohh, interesting idea. You can grow tomatoes upsidedown. I suppose the branches would reach for the sun, tho.

Some guy on YouTube has his own flower pots I believe and he grows them up naturally and then lay the pot sideways and flower them that way

2 Likes

I saw the one on YouTube where he layed em sideways after veg. Nobody has done it where the lights are on the ground facing up tho and flowers grow downwards. I’m gonna try one of these og kush I’m waiting to germ now.

1 Like

Fluence have been making fanless fixtures for quite a while too.

1 Like

Ive seen aeroponic towers being used to grow sideways so I’m sure you could rig an upside down system but you don’t need the light to be under them you could have them at diagonal angles or even sandwiching them depending on how many you grow (aeroponic Tower grow)

I have never seen this before, can you show a picture.

All you would need is to reverse gravity for the water.
Seems simple enough

lol Update please. @Catdaddykush