Ups system with led

I’m have a hlg600 and am wondering if hooking it up to a ups system would be ok for the driver.

1 Like

Ups system ? Not sure what you mean but
If you mean hps system then definitely no.
But I’ll defer to @dbrn32 on this for the proper driver rated for that light.
:v:

1 Like

1 Like

Gotcha now. Battery backup.
Not sure if or how long it would work
Maybe @Covertgrower can give some insight.
Sorry I couldn’t be more help :wink:.
:v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

The ratings you see in VA and watts is potential current that the UPS is capable of delivering. Lighting can draw a lot of current. You’ll need to make sure that the UPS that you select is rated for and capable of delivering the load necessary to power lights.

A few hundred watts shouldn’t be much of a problem for most UPSs in terms of heat dissipation; however, unless you have a very beefy UPS, it is going to drain pretty quickly during a power outage when trying to run your lights from a UPS since they draw a lot of current. An hour or 2 is the most you will get out of the UPS you posted if trying to power an HLG600 with it.

UPSs only pass through power under normal, powered operation. There’s no need to worry about a driver, though you can stress the driver with a UPS with a low battery and no house power.

5 Likes

Pretty much what he ^ said.

Hlg-600 is gonna pull typical household ups down pretty quickly.

2 Likes

Wow thanks good info. That’s longer than i was thinking. That’s great

3 Likes

Yeah, it works great for quick power outages. I have three in my grow room. It can sustain the room for around 2 hrs.

2 Likes