Upgrading tent from 2x2 to a 2x4, Fan and lighting question

agreed, agreed, and i just deleted the inappropriate post.!!
apologies to all.!!

i meant the ‘educated idiot’ as a reference, not an insult, just a reference to no experience.! LOL

1 Like

@Hungrybud
agreed.!!!
this cat is a gold mine of LED info.!!

2 Likes

For what its worth, and even though there is/was some bantering going on, the discussion actually helped me make a solid decision.

I made the decision and just ordered a HLG 320W XL LED QB light with adjustable dimmer knob to go inside my newly ordered 2x4 Gorilla Tent (original - not lite version). Both LED and tent was ordered from Kurt at Growers Lights since he has been super helpful and customer service oriented. He earned my business for sure.

I like the adjustable dimmer knob option on the driver since it eliminates the need to fumble with removing a rubber plug and using a jewelers screwdriver. Seems like a nice option. The extra height of the Gorilla tent will be welcomed so some of the taller strains will be comfortable in this new tent. I’m looking forward to the new system and looking forward to getting started.

Thanks to all for the guidance and debate which proved valuable and informative.

5 Likes

Very well said!

1 Like

I don’t need to fight. You said something that I don’t believe is true, and I asked you to provide any information you have to support your information. I too have the ability to learn, but choose to do so on verifiable data as opposed to someone’s thoughts or opinions. To this point in this thread, you’re unable to do so. I would even go as far to say that you agree with me, you just don’t realize it lol.

I started growing indoors in 2012 with 400 watt hps lights. And I was able to put a 600 watt hps and a cob light next to a 400 and look at differences in amount of light that “penetrared” my canopy. I did not have any fancy tools to measure, but to my eye there was no difference in depth of light from bigger source. I will leave you with this.

Plants use diffuse light more efficiently than direct light, which is well established due to diffuse light penetrates deeper into the canopy and photosynthetic rate of a single leaf shows a non-linear response to the light flux density. Source Advantages of diffuse light for horticultural production and perspectives for further research - PMC

5 Likes

You can look atSP–150led, it is also white light with very affordable price. This light seems very bright and more efficient than many leds in the market.