Update on refrigerator drying

They are separated now for better airflow. The fridge smells wonderful :green_heart:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what I do prop ot up on the sides so itā€™s not all on top of each other

2 Likes

So,you put the buds in a bag,with the bovedaā€¦.or jars?

Not quite sure what your question is or who you are asking

I put them on the rack, spread out, with the boveda pack on the bottom.

Pics of product side by side or it didnā€™t happen :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I cant find my pic of fridge drying. I used a older one in the basement. Hung hooks on both sides then took twine looped it around hooks. We hing up in fridge 13 ozs dry it 15 days. Did paper bags to dry in those worked well they sat in the bottom

2 Likes

im thinking of trying a dry in an unused wine fridge. Anyone have any recommendation for temp settingsā€¦ive seen numbers all over the map

any any thoughts on how to control humidity ā€¦or just try paper bags in the fridge

1 Like

No need to worry about the temp or humidity in a fridge or cooler. I put mine in for 2 weeks then pull them to air dry for a day or so.
Whenever Iā€™m not growing & miss the smell I just open my fridge! :joy::sunglasses::green_heart::raising_hand_woman:t2:

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to see that pic! Still looking?:raising_hand_woman:t2:

I set my fridge on its lowest temp and dry for two weeks+ then bring it inside and let it dry in a tote for a day or so while checking moisture and RH once thatā€™s where I want it I put it in grove bags.

5 Likes

This is really cool! I might give it a shot! I have a long time before dry though.

2 Likes

Here is the fridge Pictures I was looking for. As you can see upside down everyone told me hang this way all the good stuff gets in the buds. They sat in there about 10-13 days.

Uploading: 20211006_032703.jpgā€¦

6 Likes

Sweet! Nice haul. I like how this method worked. Kept the smell out the house & was an easy dry. Didnā€™t have to fool with the humidifier. :green_heart::raising_hand_woman:t2:

2 Likes

Old thread but anyone have any thoughts on these fridge methods versus minor wet trim and then putting buds into a paper bag in the fridgeā€¦Iā€™ve seen post both waysā€¦.

I dont use paper bags in the fridge i want airflow across the buds and i want to see whats going on without having to pull a bag out and pull buds out of it. Besides, paper bags are not necessary unless you got a bunch of other stuff in there and your trying to keep stuff from cross contaminating. I use an empty fridge thatā€™s been cleaned real good. I spread baking soda all over inside after cleaning it with soap and water and bleach.

2 Likes

@Se7en I had come across this post

1 Like

Thank you brother :pray:t2::pray:t2:

1 Like

@plumbdand how about curing in the fridge?

I left a bunch of bud in the freezer and some in the fridge for months then smoked it. I all tasted better than the stuff I dried in my shed.

3 Likes