Update on my journal as i cannot post pics there 2x2x4

Also gave her a full watering ph at 6.4. the runoff was around 1700. is that to high? also should i be using cal mag at this stage? i am noticing some purple on the stems?

1 Like

What do you think @Hellraiser?

1 Like

If you are using RO or distilled water, you should be using some CalMag.1700 ppm is normal with Ocean Forest that has not been depleted of its nutes yet.

4 Likes

This is what I have. It states to use 3-5ml per gallon would you say it’s safe to start with 1ml or should i use more? This is the water i’ve been using.

4 Likes

I’d do 3ml/gal every other watering.

2 Likes

Just purchased this. Should be here by the 20th i hope!

4 Likes

Here’s some updates photos of “twisty” since i forgot to include her in the last update.

And here’s the other one.

3 Likes

i noticed these white spots on the stalk around the base. Any idea what this could be?

3 Likes

@monkman, maybe something to try??

Looks like you’ve had an interesting 5 weeks my friend. But those plants are doing very well. I always put it into the perspective that most people on this site have very high standards (as we all should) for growing cannabis so we react to super minor issues in the grand scheme of things.

Good you have that HLG coming. I personally went for the larger Mars Hydro and my girls have vegged very well. We’ll see if it can push through flowering, but like you it’s my first grow and is still a question of budget.

I have a plant now about 7 weeks old that was twisty as all hell in the beginning but she seems to be growing out of it and I put her outside so she’s enjoying that.

Best of luck and if you don’t mind I’ll tag along!

2 Likes

that kind of thing is why i bought a 250x microscope that plugs into my puter. so i could look at stuff like that, take pics and post to see what folks think.

@scylents i’ve tried clearing history and cache and no luck. i am just going to wait for them to fix this stuff and not biotch them out about it anymore. they know it’s messed up. it has been three weeks so i don’t know just how focused they are on it. most can get pics to work if they do it from their phone but not all can. it is not just about the pics though, there are a bunch of things that are messed up including the preview you are supposed to be seeing on the right while you type your message.

here are a couple folks who might be able to tell something about the white spots on stem
@MattyBear @dbrn32 @Skydiver

2 Likes

Bummer man. Sorry!! :flushed::pensive:

1 Like

Does it look like adventitious roots?

1 Like

@OlyBoy98503 I think you are correct. Thanks for the info. Over the last few days i’ve been searching the forum and i’ve found a couple other post that reference what you shared. On another note. When should I begin LST? I want to Scrog on this grow as i feel that will be the best utilization of my space being in a 2x2. Do i need to train or do more to do this correctly? Or do i just get the trellis and push it over the plants and spread them out? I’ve searched for videos on this, but nothing ever really shows in detail of what to do. Thanks for all the replies/advice everyone! Will be uploading more pics in a few days after i transplant twisty to her cloth pot.

2 Likes

Never scrogged, Breezy. But everything I’ve seen and read say to wait for tour girls to reach the net.
I’ll watch along to cheer you on!

2 Likes

If you are going to scrog then place the net at the required height then push all growth down below the net until it is filled out then flip to 12/12, easy.

3 Likes

@FrostyBuds Thanks for the input! What height would you recommend setting it up at? 10inches above the pot?

2 Likes

What do you guys think would be best for my carbon filter set up? I have a vent at top of tent and i was thinking about just running the carbon filter flange through the vent and connect straight to the fan and mount it to the hole. The whole set up would be vertical with no ducting required hopefully. I feel this would save me space and eliminate the need for ducting which could potentially reduce my airflow. Would this set up work with just a 4in filter and fan? I would think so being in 2x2x4… Any ideas on how to set up most efficiently would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

I have mine about 15cm/ 6 inch above the pot.

1 Like

Was gonna transplant twisty into her fabric pot today but she’s still pretty wet from her watering 6 days ago so i will wait until she dries out more. Started LST on the other today, and both were given a good cover of neem oil. They will set on my patio for a few hours to dry then it’s back in the tent!

2 Likes