Update of my Blueberry Autos's Day 72

Unless you post your pic, you’re not a contender! Lol good luck @peachfuzz is right get a little tighter pic of the first one and you’re in there!

3 Likes

@Paranorman @peachfuzz @bob31 Thanks for all of your guys support with all the questions and advise you have all given. The forum on this site is the best i have ever found PERIOD.
I am going to post some more pics in 3 or 4 days to try to let them get as frosty and big as possible before the DEADLINE on the 19th. I really think i have a chance! SO EXCITED LOL!!!

3 Likes

hey guys so its like day 90 of my blueberry auto grow and i think i am ready to harvest but i need some opinions on what you all think and how to go about harvesting. I am going to post some photos so you can see what i am talking about but my main problems are this…First off, the main top buds look about ready to harvest but i still have quite a bit of lower buds that look to need another week or so and i need to know if i can harvest the top/main colas and let the lower buds go a little longer? Can i do this and if i do will it hurt the lower buds or is it ok? i am just getting nervous that i am going to let the top buds go too long. So with that said, i am seeing a good amount of amber hairs and although i dont have the greatest loup to check trichromes, they look like they are starting to get cloudy. Here are some pics of the top buds that i think are done but you all please give me your opinions.The last pic is of the lower buds Thanks everyone. @garrigan62 @bob31 @peachfuzz @Paranorman

4 Likes

I can’t really see the trichomes when I blow up the pictures , but I can still see some Young Pistols so I would probably let it go at least another week or two just by what your pistols look like and then again that’s just me…
Either way those are some nice looking buds buddy… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

I’ve topped buds before. I was out and they were close enough to help me get by a little longer.

I would recommend you not doing it. Only because I think, with hindsight, it’s better to let the tops fully mature. That will allow your lower buds to provide you with a good active high.

If you have to take the tops, I understand. Make sure your trimmers are sterilized. Cut horizontally instead of on a 45. Use honey to seal your cuts. This will both protect the wounds from pests and diseases, as well as stopping your branches from “bleeding”.

As you stand now, not being able to clearly see the trichomes, it looks like you’re still a couple weeks out. Those calyx will swell over those pistles as they fill with oils. You can find a jeweler’s loupe for like $5 on Amazon. A local coin dealer may have them as well, but they usually charge more.

They look good, just not as close as you’re thinking. Newbies always pick too soon. I did too, so don’t take it the wrong way. You’ll be amazed at how much more they will swell!!!

Hope that’s been helpful…

@FloridaSon @peachfuzz thanks guys, this is my first grow and i am just so stoked with what i have been able to produce. I guess i am just going to try an be patient and wait another week. Another question i have is that my tallest plant started to shed a decent amount of larger fan leaves in the last week. i am guessing this is normal since its day 94 of the grow? even if it is a nutrient problem i dont see much i can do at this time. should i just continue with straight water for the next week?

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about the leaves at this point since you plan on taking her soon. It’s natural to lose those as your plant is finishing.

1 Like

You have some fine ladies there!!! I would say that is quite a contender :+1: