(UPDATE)1st grow plants kushykush, blueberry, Tutankhamen (one twin embryos)

I don’t know I think 24 is what I can do for the 21 days. Then move it to 12/12 with my other flowering plants. @garrigan62 journal has me excited to start now but I’m going to think about it for a few days. I’m trying to avoid buying another light but I think it will be worth it. Thanks @kabongster

I don’t want to spend your money, but if you can get a light for seedlings thru veg into flowering and later use it for side lighting…It’s not wasted…if you’re getting a light and have the cash…but new lights with more buttons, knobs and dials are always coming out, you jump in and buy when you’re comfortable.

2 Likes

I’m with you on that if I wait a couple weeks I think I’m going to get an advanced LED light. More money but I think they are better. By I’ll do more research.

lol, my budget is mars hydro…and they work wonders…and I still rely on a 600 watt HPS…but the LEDs and LECs are too tempting

2 Likes

Yeah I have a 250 watt HP’s mh but it has too much heat and I don’t wanna hook up this exhaust system, but I still might do and use it

1 Like

Thanks to all the cool members here that always help.

Yes. You can grow an auto flower plant under any photo period. I think doing a grow at 12/12 photo period is a great idea, and I think the plant will finish faster than autos grown under longer photo periods; Therefore, providing a quality yield in a shorter period from seed. :slight_smile:
Happy growing

3 Likes

bob31,

Does this fan work? I need one of these but, I quit buying fans online with the exception of Sears ComfortAire models which I have found to be the best and worth the extra $$$. I just need to know if anyone used this fan since it was posted. Thanks for your help, lw :slight_smile:

Thanks @latewood I’m still deciding but it’s good to know I can do that even though others say it can hurt the yield. I’ll probably do 24 hrs for three weeks under CFLs then put it with the others that are already flowering. Hopefully!!! Thanks again😁

You should not reduce the suto flower photo period. Whatever you start with you need to finsih with, unless you are attempting to finish the plant that is taking too long to finish.

i.e. Don’t start at 24/0 (I never use 24/0, period) unless you plan to leave it at 24/0 but, the grow will take at least 4 months (110 days minimum).

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Man I’m glad you told me before I started. Quick question I had a 300 watt led and 250 watt mh on my photo plants. I just took the 250 away because of heat issues. Do you think that is bad? @latewood

Absolutely loving the LEC’s I can dial them down to 25% 50% 75% with a remote control lmao almost confusing which plants are in flower with the 93 CRI like daylight see everything. Bulbs are steep but they last over double MH bulbs less heat less power use more Par per watt and very pleased with foot print so far.

1 Like

Yes sir @latewood . I have been using it 24/7 since I bought it. Not an oscillating fan but not bad for the $$

I reinforced the clamp with a velcro strap to make sure it doesn’t vibrate loose.

1 Like

@garrigan62 @Majiktoker @latewood @Oldstoner is it OK to switch to flower even if you have diffencensy issues from pH or cal mag.

You can but I absolutely wouldn’t advise doing so you want to get all problems cleared up before flower.

Flower is most crucial part of growth and you wanna avoid any problems as any problems could potentially ruin over all yield

2 Likes

'toker has a good idea. if you can clear the issues 1st, that would be less stress on her in flower. However; If you are forced to flower due to height or space issues, then you do what you have to do. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

OK thanks @garrigan62 @Majiktoker I think I can give it another week or so. I watered with the right pH last watering and they seem to be doing better but I might add 1 ml a gallon of cal mag next watering. But I’ll take it day by day. They are getting big but my closet is pretty tall so I think I’ll have more room to play with especially when I get a bigger light. So thanks again guys​:grin::grin::grin:

Its our pleasure thats what we are here for

Happy growings

1 Like

Thanks @latewood sorry I missed you

Hey @garrigan62 @latewood @Majiktoker I watered one of my plants with the deficiency today with 7.2 pH and 1 and a half ml of calmag. The runoff was 6.4. I know 6.8 is ideal but that should be OK for the ffof soil right?

Ya that will be fine.

Will

1 Like