(UPDATE)1st grow plants kushykush, blueberry, Tutankhamen (one twin embryos)

How.much did you flush it with?

I watered it with one gallon ffof nutrients at full strength at 7.4 pH first. Then another gallon with just five ml cal mag at 8.6 pH then another gallon with 10.0 ph

When you flush it’s 3x the size of the pot. So if it was a time gallon pot it would take 15 gallons

1 Like

15 gallons!!! Man I appreciate it @Hawkeye_diesel but I’ll try again on the next watering. I’m worn out and a little frustrated now. But do you have any idea why the pH is so low?

It could be the Fox Farms soil, but I’m not sure. Yeah flushing isn’t for the faint of heart when you have an issue that requires it it’s a chore. I’ve had to do it twice and it’s not fun. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast when flushing. Nice and steady and slowly go about it. Take a couple minutes break between 1 or 2 gallons

Holler if you need anythin or the mentors are usually astound in a timely order

1 Like

Thanks again sir :wink:

Why are you using three different gallons to apply supplements? By using a gallon for each different additive can be causing your problem. When you feed plant it should be safe to measure and mix all your nutrients in the same gallon but when you pour in nutrients, than the other two gallons you could be flushing out your nutrients and causing your pH to flush in that method. The key to a successful plant growth is consistency in PH and PPM!!!

2 Likes

Ok let’s start over here ok and we’ll solve this problem of yours

Start by filling out this support ticket ok ?

Have you seen the “support ticket”?

Maybe if you notice anything we haven’t already covered, point it out and answer it

to the best of your ability and maybe it will give us some ideas:

ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain?

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted in ground or in a container?

Size of space?

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used?

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone) and of the water that is fed to the plant?

Type of nutrients used? NPK? EC/PPM levels?

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?

Humidity %?

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or Bloom/flowering?

No I watered first with the nutrients including cal mag. Then when I saw the runoff was low I watered again with out the nutrients just calmag at a higher pH level the last two times.

What is the strain? Tutankhamen
Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted in ground or in a container? Indoor

Size of space? About 60x 30x 60 closet

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? Ffof

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone) and of the water that is fed to the plant? pH in was 7.4 first. Then 8.6. then 10.0. each pH out was 5.5 range

Type of nutrients used? NPK? EC/PPM levels? Fox farm trio cal mag flower fuel.

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps? Day 84-86 night 79-80

Humidity %? 45-60

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR? 317 true watt Mars hydro

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or Bloom/flowering? About three weeks into flower. I did put an inch layer of organic jiffy soil on top two weeks ago but I did for my other plants also and not having any problems with those

1 Like

@Macadon I know your getting a lot of help here but do you have any of that ffof left over from the same bag of soil that you already used?

If so grab a small handful into a glass and add say pH 7 water to it so that the soil is disolved. Leave it set for 20 minutes or so and check the pH of that water.

And we can see what Will thinks when he gets back around @garrigan62

1 Like

@bob31 no I actually used all of the soil from that bag but I used all of that soil for all of my plants and I’m only having trouble with the one plant and it just started recently.

Ok grab some out of the pot with trouble and let’s check it out the way I described and see what those results are. A heaping teaspoon is all you need and maybe twice as much water

My guess is that you really got two bags of ffof and one bag of ff light warrior which is a soiless medium and should pH at 5.8 all day long

1 Like

OK I’ll have to do it when I get home but if that was the case wouldn’t I have the same problem with the others because they are in the same soil from the same bag? I didn’t have this problem before a few weeks ago. I was phing the water at 6.0 for half of the veg cycle until i found out the correct range. When I found the right range runoff pH was around 6.3 to 6.8 when i watered. I just started using the fox farm trio nutrients about three weeks ago. I just started using the grow big (veg one) a week ago because i think I had a phosphorus and cal mag diffencensy. I think the low pH actually started a week ago I I’ll have to check my notes.

Have you checked the expiration date on nutrients? A lot of concentrates have a store shelf expiration, this could be the reason also my friend, but I had to dump a lot of nutrients cause of the bar coded date on the bottles and doing so I noticed many of the bottles was clump up on the bottom of the bottles from I’m guessing being out of date. If that’s the case you’ll have to get rid of the nutrients and replace them but also some strains are more sensitive to additives more than others also that can be a reason but there is a solution to every problem, you just have to narrow it down starting with the basics first, soil, water, nutrients, strain, etc. But a good resource to have is Recharge and seaweed extract or kelp is your best friend in growing organically.

1 Like

I’ll check the bottles when I get home. I started to order some recharge yesterday. I think I will right now cause I was reading the description and what it is. I still have soil knats roaming around the soil in that plant and I’m starting to think they could be the problem. I think the fungus knats I had earlier might have something to do with it also. Thanks @yoshi

You want to kill them gnats used 1\4 cup of skin milk or cayenne pepper!

2 Likes

1/4 cup of cayenne pepper a gallon @yoshi?

1 Like

that sounds hot @Macadon,maybe wait and let @yoshi explain…lol

1 Like

Sounds like it would work though😁

1 Like