Upcoming event! Jan 1 Grow-Off

We are aprox 1 week from the start of the
2019 Community Grow-Off
I hope everybody is getting their setups maintained, stocked, cleaned, prepped, and buying whatever upgrades you want. Get your favorite seeds auto or photo. Noobs make good notes now because no competitors may ask questions during the grow - or ur out!! There will be no grow support posted in the Green Room

The category for the grow off will be pinned in “Grow Journals”. It will be called
"2019 Community Grow-Off
where all who wish to participate will post their entry via a comprehensive support ticket detailing their grow op, materials, and genetics. The quality of your entry will set the tone for everyone’s expectations for your grow.

keep in mind the non-participant grow-off thread (which will run in parallel to the 2019 Community Grow-Off thread) called
2019 Grow Off “OFF TOPIC" Disscusion
is not a place to analyze or make suggestions regarding any grows in the competition, the grower you help may end up disqualified!! so help your friends by cheering them on, but no advice.

@garrigan62 will be our referee.

Get ready to have some fun! Its going to be epic!

some of you have already indicated some interest. Please tag your friends, lets get this party started!!
@raustin
@bige
@vexer
@doobienoobie
@boardsbird
@sirsmokes
@blackthumbbetty
@nostril
@det-pdx

8 Likes

@painfree
@dunnitagain
@purpngold74
@budtastic
@dbrn32
@argrower
@peachfuzz
@tdubwilly
@countryboyjvd1971
@latewood

2 Likes

IF YOU DON’T SEE YOUR NAME HERE AND WANT TO JOIN LET ME KNOW AND I’LL ADD IT.
Garrigan65

1.) @garrigan62
2.) @basementstealth
3.) @drillbit
4.) @voodooking
5.) @bogleg
6.) @mental
7.) @laurap
8.) @grandaddy013
9.) @jd419whywait
10.) @fano_man
11.) @farmacist
12.) @ausgrow
13.) @aolelon
14.) @Hogmaster
15.) @Countryboyjvd1971
16.) @raustin
17.) @bige
18.) @vexer
19.) @doobienoobie
20.) @boardsbird
21.) @sirsmokes
22.) @blackthumbbetty
23.) @nostril
24.) @tdubwilly
25.) @dunnitagain
26.) @budtastic
27.) @Painfree
28.) @Latewood
29.) @Pizmopete
30.) @peachfuzz
31.) @ARgrower
32.) @Sixpackdad
33.) @purpngold74
34.) @det-pdx
35.) @budbrother
36.) @haildamaged
37.) @petescloset
38.) @oldschoolgrower

5 Likes

@ausgrow
@aolelon
@Hogmaster
@Countryboyjvd1971

2 Likes

You posted rules in a different thread right? Maybe good idea to link them here or post again…

2 Likes

sold! and here they come

2 Likes

yea better get them here so there is less confusion…lol

1 Like

The 2019 Community Grow-Off is open to ALL ILGM members;
there are NO restrictions at all on environment / equipment / method, only the container size. (The primary rule being that roots must remain
entirely inside the 5 gal. container at all times).
The true purpose of the contest in my eyes is to drive participation and cooperation on the site and bring members together in a spirit of sharing knowledge and experiences of growing.

IF YOUR A NEW BEGINNER AT GROWING THIS CHALLENGE MAY NOT BE FOR YOU. YOU MAY ENTER BUT MUST FOLLOW THE RULES.

_2019 Community Grow-Of_f RULES
Read Closely

1. All participants will finish using an individual maximum five (5) gal container

2. All participants will use their own skills to grow. No outside help! If your caught cheating you’ll be dismissed. ( So having a deficiency you’ll have to figure it out. ) Remember this is a grow of skill.

3. All participants will use seeds of any Cannabis variety female.
    Please specify strain/hybrid/breeder lineage in as much detail as possible.

4. Participants can enter up to 5 plants (one plant per 5 gal pot), and will choose the best one to be judged just before they flip to flower, or for autos must choose their entry prior to flower, preflower is okay.

5. Seeds will be germinated at the starting date.

6. All roots must remain inside the 5 gal container for the duration of the challenge and may require trimming. Any type of feeding is allowed, but if roots grow out the bottom of the container they must be trimmed immediately and not be outside the container.

7. YOU CAN STILL ENTER WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER THE CHALLENGE STARTS BUT THAT’S IT YOU CAN’T ENTER AFTER THAT.

8. Keep the photos and updates regular, one per week at least. Missing 3 or more weeks of updates disqualifies a contestant, so keep up steady updates for maximum participation and to be considered in the winners poll.

9. Winner will be decided by a poll posted after the challenge is completed, with referee support.

10. It is expected of all participants to keep a good attitude in the spirit of
    community and sharing of knowledge and experiences. Let’s all have FUN.

11. Competition starts Jan 1. meaning you put seeds on water. Competition ends July 31, 2019, meaning harvest, cure, yield, and smoke report are submitted.

Completed Grows will be judged by the ILGM community in a poll upon completion
of the contest. Finished grows will be judged on:

1.) Quality of the information given

2.) Frequency and presentation of updates

3.) Quality of photographs and / or videos (linked from youtube)

4.) Explanation and details

5.) Design of the grow and training concepts

6.) Smoke report

7.) Answers to questions about the grow

8.) Quality and Quantity of the harvest

13 Likes

I would of liked to of given this a shot. For some fun with everyone. Have to take my tent down after the harvest though, bah.

1 Like

you have until Jan 1 to decide

2 Likes

Great idea and would love to join but I am in the middle of a grow haven’t even hit the flower stage. I will be watching and cheering on! Have fun folks

1 Like

its gonna be great having the growers start together. its gonna be a huge communal grow journal. itll be very entertaining for everyone

1 Like

After looking over the rules… I can still run in hydro 5 gallon bucket?
Right :thinking:
Cool … I can do that… I got tricks… :grin:
:v::sunglasses:

5 Likes

yes… but the roots must not be in a container largerthan 5 gallons

2 Likes

This should be fun. Congratulations for getting this idea off the ground.

5 Likes

I just started flower stage but cant wait to see all the beautiful ladys entered in the
Beauty Contest!!! Watch and learn…watch and learn. :blush:

1 Like

thanks @raustin. im looking for a fun grow

Garrigan here, Thank you @basementstealth Togetter we mad this happen 1

1 Like

I’m looking at an early jan harvest.:crossed_fingers:I might have to start mine in my veg space then move to the big girl tent when the current grow wraps up. Yiew I’m keen. I have 15L buckets ready to go. :call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like

do u have 19L buckets?

Looks like I sit out this one, just planted seed’s yesterday.
Good luck Everyone, i’ll be watching

1 Like