Unusual looking leaves

Purple Haze autoflower, 8 weeks above ground. Coast of Main stonington soil. Top coated Stonington food last week. Viparspectar xs2000 at 16".
It has had some stress issues, I topped it at 3 weeks ( never doing that again ), then split the stalk attempting lst. It has recovered ok but slow growth. Showing female. Hope she doesn’t hermie.
Unusual looking leaves.

2 Likes

Poor baby! She is probably just reacting to all the stress. May be a little close with that light. Raise it 3 or 4 inches and see how she reacts, it’s a little dense.

3 Likes

Twisting leaf tips is a sign of slightly to much light

1 Like

I’ll move it up right now. Thank you guys

So, the polls are open for this month’s Bud of the Month. I would like to encourage anyone visiting here to also swing by and check out the many amazing entries this month. Voting is easy and you can change your vote as you like until polls close. Just click on your choice and it is “sticky” so no further action is needed. To change your vote anytime, simply click a different choice and it moves there.
Here: October 2021 Bud of the Month - #46 by AfgVet

3 Likes

I agree with to much light, I have some lights similar to yours and I keep it around 25 inches until flowering starts then I’ll start lowering it a couple inches every few days until it’s under 20 inches. I have mine in a 2x4 tent and once the light gets lower then 16 inches it starts to lose intensity out to the sides so if I have plants out there I wouldn’t go any lower

Just to complete my explanation I always run them at 100% mine are 200w and imo don’t need a dimmer anyway when I have seedlings under it I would keep it up about 35 inches as they’re growing you watch the node spacing lowering the light anytime you see any excess spacing between the nodes I like a little spacing on the main stem but once the branches start to grow I like to keep the spacing to a minimum.

Hope this helps you out a little on light adjustment there’s ways to measure the light and do math to figure a starting point but once you learn your own way those numbers aren’t important anymore

3 Likes

I’d cut the nutes for now and see if strait PhD water helps it. That’s some janky twisting going on there.

1 Like

Thank you for the tips guys. I raised it up to 20" and will see how she reacts.
Not scheduled to get any food for another week or so.
Fish bone meal.

1 Like