Unknown strain grow journal

And I think it is easier to wash them off, even washing the DE off after, when they are all dead, than when they are alive, and the good thing is the Food Grade DE won’t hurt you if it doesn’t all entirely wash off, unlike other pesticides might.

I had bought the food grade de about a month ago to combat ants. But I’m glad I have it for these mites. I washed the bugs off as best I could this morning. Then I dusted the soil. I’ll wait for the buds to dry then I will dust those as well. Thanks for all of your help!

Roger, glad you had some on hand.
The DE will Knox the hell out of them.
Let me know how t all works out for you.

B Safe
Will

Day 61 of flowering. Howzit everyone. So I had to cut my girl a week early. I was combating some pesky spider mites. And I didn’t want to lose the plant to them. This was before I cut her.

And then after

Sorry for the bad pics. I loaded them from my phone real quick. But after I cut them I dusted them with DE and right now they’re hopefully killing the mites. Thanks for looking!

Bad pic’s I don’t see any bad pic’s.
All I see is big, awesome smelling, beautiful colored, fat juicy BUD…LOL
B Safe
Will

Thanks will. Now on to drying and curing. Hopefully it all turns out ok. I’ll update In a few weeks with weight and all that. I’m not expecting more than a zip or two. My plant just never filled out like I thought it was going to. Although for my first attempt at “mainlining” it went pretty smooth as far as the technique goes. I wish I had a bigger grow space. I could’ve easily fit 2 or three plants under my 1 400watt light. Then I probably could’ve gotten a qp easily!

Ya I hear that Roger, they seem to do that for what ever reason. Iem looking forward to the final results.

B Safe
Will

Howzit everyone. Here are my 8 colas, one with a size reference, and the root ball from the plant. I washed all of the diatomaceous earth off and there seems to be no mites left. I also trimmed off all of the leaves. Gonna hang dry these for about a week or so. Then cure them in mason jars. I’m not going to bother getting a wet weight simply because the stems are so thick that it will be way heavier than in reality. Thank for looking!

2 Likes

Are ok you kidding me, is that one of the Root balls??
That’s the first time I’ve seen something like that…lol
Awesome pic’s Roger

B Safe
Wil

Lol why do you keep calling me Rodger? That’s not my name. And yea I was surprised to see the root ball had pretty much taken over the entire 5 gal bucket.

1 Like

I’m sorry brother for what ever reason I though that was your name.was Ready over…lol
:grin:
That’s why I’m going to a bigger pot next time around. I am going to buy the fabric pot or smart pots.

B Safe
Will

Right bro. The bigger the pot, the bigger the plant. The bigger the plant, the bigger the bud! I like that plan.

Sounds like item going to get the 5 gal fabric pots.
What nutrients were you during is you don’t mind me asking.

B Safe
Will

Aiight every one. Today was weigh-in day. It has been a week since I started drying my crop and today I checked the stems and they were able to snap not bend. I cut off all the buds and stored them in a quart sized mason jar. I was hoping to get around 2 zips dried. But I’ll take 1.5. My biggest stem had 8.6 grams and the smallest was 4.0.All in all I got about as much as I can expect from only my third attempt. My plant was around 16" tall and was doing alright until the mites showed up. So now I’ll be curing for several weeks, to try and draw out the remaining moisture and bring out the lovely bud smell. Right now it smells like cut grass lol. Thanks for following my grow. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed doing it. Happy growing everyone!

1 Like

Make sure to burp the jar each for at least 2 weeks .

Yup I plan on doing that. Thanks!

2 Likes

Wow great looking buds. I cut my two plants today. Trimmed the big leaves, now they are hanging in the grow cabinet. I have 2 more almost ready to transplant to the grow. I have a blueberry and a bubblegum. Can’t wait to taste the blueberry. Had some friends come by I had some bags that were in vacuum bags the left happy. They did not want to take any till I showed them the plants that are outside, the one is over 7 foot tall. And there is 3 of them. I got enough to last me years lol.
Tom

I’ve never seen calyxes that chunky. That’s insane.

So this is what a healthy plant looks like.