Unknown Strain, But Smells Like an Earthy Mint

I have 4 plants that are now about 5 weeks into veg. The plants and the smoke have the characteristics of an indica, or at least an indica dominant, strain.

I have no idea if you can help but the plants are from bag seed and smell of earthy mint. Anyone have any idea what strain it might be based on smell, or do all young plants have this smell?

I’ve grown before, but it’s been so many years (over 30 years) that I’ve forgotten most of what I had learned.

1 Like

Holy crap! With the strains available today that would be like dropping a dart from 30,000 feet and trying to get a bullseye on a dartboard!

1 Like

But if we could land the plane, and smellllllll the dartboard…

I bet I could at least tell you which continent it came from!

2 Likes

I thought that might be the case.

It’s whatever the person smoking it wants it to be :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah! Give it a name… like Federal Mint or Mint julep! Clone it, make a male have sex with it. And sell seeds for a jillion dollars like everyone else!

2 Likes

Girl Scout Cookies can be minty and earthy. Maybe?

3 Likes

@MattyBear for the win if I was betting. GSC has a phenotype named Thin Mint. Indica dominant.

3 Likes

GSC is also indica dominant

3 Likes

I’m a day late and a dollar short, I’ve grown this and this was the exact smell.
Willing to bet that’s what the strain is. Just based off of smell. Growing one now, but this one is sweet and earthy. We’ll see how she ripens.

5 Likes

That would be my guess as my GSC smell exactly like that. Like thin mint cookies

2 Likes