Unknow seeds. But will be good to learn with

No it helps but i find it difficult to apply it to my actual plant. I am also dyslexic so tht might be why some instructions i find hard or difficult understanding. Why i thought about video links etc to a mentor. But thts just me. I guess once video links are invloved it might bring a new set of issues for ILGM because of the laws etc in some countries. Unsure but thought live help desk would be a good addition for IGLM since its probz one if not thee best site for this subject matter. Anyway thanks to everyone again. Grow in peace my friends.

1 Like

Iā€™ll do my best to explain how I FIM. Topping is simple. You just cut the stem directly above the node. The nodes are the different sections where you see the leaves coming from the main stem.

FIMming is a little tricky because of cut placement which is at the very top where the new growth keeps coming out.

I take the top cluster of leaves, pinching the last two fully formed leaves together and gently lifting only enough to create tension on the top.

If you will look closely at the top, you will notice where the stem of the leaves meet the leaf itself. You will also see new leaf tips coming up from the center. Those are what you will have to focus on.

Now, cut the leaf stem of the two leaves you are pinching, while making sure you are only taking about half of the leaf tips emerging. If you hit the correct spot, it will also top the apex of the plant that you canā€™t even really see yet.

That will force branches from the leaf stems you cut and from the node that you removed half of the leaves. The lower nodes will also branch out, but the plant will recognize the FIM location as your new tops.

Done properly, you get 3 or 4 new tops instead of the normal 2 from simple topping.

I know words canā€™t substitute for actually seeing it done, but hands on is really what teaches us. I hope these words have made the thought process more clear for you.

Give her another week. That will give you time to study her and see where to cutā€¦

2 Likes

I just fimmed my Maui Wowie and Blue Dream plants in my veg tent. A fim will cause your leaves to grow out funky from where you cut, like thisā€¦

If you top, it will just be the 2 shoots coming from the node below where you cut it. Fimming will add a 3rd or 4th new top to come from the area you cut.

1 Like

Great explanation @FloridaSon

1 Like

To go with a great visual that you provided of the after effects!

I should get me some of that Mowie Wowie. I smoked some in the early 80s and it was fantastic! Tried some Blue Dream a couple months ago. I find I enjoy most of the blue strains.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a big fan of blue strains too! Iā€™m excited to put this Maui Wowie into flower in a few weeks. No Labrador mixed with this Maui Wowie tho, lol

1 Like

Thatā€™s some really good :poop: man!

Lmao

1 Like

Thank you for all that info my friendā€™s i will defo be putting it into good use at the first opportunity and with all the info from yourselfs and others i hope to be successful with fimming and topping so thank you again all of you . On another note confirmation of some knew equipment has came througb today and i hope to be up and running in my tent by end of the month. After this last grow i will be having a break until end summer start of autum as i may not have the time to grow as the house is being renovated so have to dial it down a bit for the summer.

1 Like

Well my friends need some help i have never grown regular or Feminized photoā€™s so i am unsure how the process goes from 18/6 to 12/12 light schedule do you just switch to 12/12 or do you do it gradually. And how long do you veg for am week 4 and a 1day from seed. Am thinking another couple weeks veg before changing to 12/12 light schedule just so i can makesure thy are all doing good. Plus need to transplant 2 or 3 into larger pots but my new soil hasnt arrived yet so hopefully by Wednesday at the latest.

You can flip to flower any time you like, and no you donā€™t need to do it gradually, just switch to 12/12. Most people veg for at least for weeks, but really itā€™s up to how big you want your plants to be. Keep in mind that they will stretch quite a bit once flipped, so it depends a lot on how much space you have to grow them. If youā€™re in a small tent then youā€™d want to flip to flower now, otherwise you can let them grow into trees if you like.

1 Like

My tent is 80x80x180cm i am LSTing aswell as fimming 3 and topped 1 as i have only grew autos and these seeds were given to me so i thought its a good way to learn more and teach myself better techniques on training and also fimming and topping. I will be transplanting them into larger pots 2 or 3 will be going into 5gallon pots on wednesday or before depending on my delivery of new soil.

Excellent, then you can probably veg for two more weeks if you like. Those photos will need more room than autos. 5 gallon pots should be just fine. The nice thing about photos, unlike autos, is you have control over how big they get before they flower. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks i need it especially cause thy are unknown i just hope i get all females no males or hermis. But only time will tell. And if anyone knows how i can identify my strains i will be gratefull. Thank you.

1 Like

You can slowly lower the light schedule down to 12/12 too. I tried that on an ATF and it kept the stretching down. I flipped her clone straight to 12/12 and she is stretching a lot more. Just depends on height restrictions of your space.

1 Like

Thanks. Can anyone answer me this. I have a friend that runs a community garden and has just had a large delivery of soil. The question is what is your thoughts on using soil thts used for garden alotments. Or should i just wait for my bio nova to come. ? @Countryboyjvd1971 @raustin @FloridaSon @garrigan62 @Donaldj @Shuggz @dbrn32 @daz49

2 Likes

I use a mixture of pearlite, worm humus and coco soil and that I use for indoor growing, I hope that helps

1 Like

Thereā€™s a lot of variables in amended soils, so hard to say. But most will work just fine.

1 Like

That stuff probably doesnā€™t have time release nutrients. If thatā€™s the case, check the pH and ride outā€¦

1 Like

I have soil meter plus a soil testing kit left from my first grow when i had to much wrong info from people. But thats behind me. So i think i will wait till wednesday and just get my bio-nova soil thy also do a nute line specifically for auto flowers that i might try when i grow autoā€™s nxt. Am hoping i get enough from this grow to have a good rest and get some of my outside garden tidyed up and sorted out for my son and family for summer so i can get bbq set up. Cause my other love is cooking and i just love to BBQ the whole summer nearly every day nice spliff and cold beers with tidy food cant beat it. Anyway time will tell.

1 Like

Hey bro u good bro my mate give me some auto do I need to knw any thing about auto and wat to do and wat not to do I got Sin tra bajo and lemon juice express wat are autos and I also got triple cheese Afghan skunk also peyote cookies wat are frm but will need help wid the auto bless

1 Like