Unknow seeds. But will be good to learn with

I was thinking about tht however atm i dont have the space for them in there forever pots atm as ive been cleaning and renovating my grow room for my tent in the next week or so then i will put them into forever pots but right now i cant put them into anything bigger than a 6inch pot while am waiting on my tent… i think i might put them into the 6inch pots today tht should give them a couple wks or more with good space and one will be put into the spacebucket ive attempted to make lets just see how it goes ???

As far as how many plants if i did the math correctly you have a space thats about 2.5 x 2.5 foot x5 foot high if it was me id probably just do one in that space
Youll want to train them as well to keep hieght down

1 Like

Well the thing is theres been a bit of a set back so i need to buy some stuff separte so buying the kit with tent light etc might just need to wait plus i done some measuring and right now am thinking 80cm x80cm x180 or even 1m x1m x 1.8m or 2m but i want to know how many plants i can get in them can i get upto 6 in them or is 4 the limit. The more plants i have the more i have a chance of having as if i lose one or 2 i will still have 2 or 4 which ever. One would be a better option but not until i am confident enough that if something goes wrong i can fix or if i have a perpetual grow going then 1 will eventually be how i do it but until i have mastered the basics and confidence then 4 to 6 plants is what i want to be doing for the mistakes and the chance to practice topping etc with 1 or 2. I know i have been pretty hectic and unsettled with my method of growing but i have a reason for this which is i was told to find my method of growing early on so i have a longer time to learn to master the craft or art or both which ever and however ppl see growing i like to think its both. @Countryboyjvd1971

2 Likes

@Mikos, we all experience set backs…You’ll bounce back in time and maybe find something cheaper to use.

1 Like

As you can see there is only 3 here atm the 4th is in the spacebucket i have attempted so i will see how that works. However it might be back to the drawing board however this bucket is only to see if i have the right idea and if it works for me then i may well use this method due to my circumstances aswell as the tent or on its own but its a time thing i guess. Or i use the bucket for Auto’s and the tent for feminized seeds. But by this time next week i will know what am doing and with what. How can i tell a plants strain or type and at what age/stage of the plant can i identify its strain. @Countryboyjvd1971 @FloridaSon @Kapelady @garrigan62 @Shuggz @bob31 @M4ur @MattyBear @BIGE .VIEWS PLZ.

2 Likes

This is totaly off subject but its something i find very irritating especially when ppl like myself live in a other country were some or many products arent available and not everyone will ask for help. So they end up with not so good equipment etc. If i had more knowledge i would do it myself but i am still learning so locating and putting together all the correct info and equipment and were to get them so folk like myself can look it up. Now this site is amazing and so helpful but i think this would improve the site if there was a sister site or something like tht were ppl can source the equipment knowing its going to do the job and only having to buy the right equipment from the start and not getting sub par equipment cause of how expensive it can be even for a hobby grower and not everyone can afford the best equipment hpwever there are so many things items equipment out there that also frightens me so can be daunting for others. And i think this is something that everyone who wants to learn to grow can with the ease and comfort that someone will help them with there list of equipment and were and what to buy. But each country is different with different rules and laws however hence a sister site but Only cause i dont know much about online laws its a grey area but if the company or whoever can come up with something like what i am trying to explain it would be a great addition to someones business a free service like tht would encourage ppl to use other sites or companies out of loyalty. Helping people save money and time sourcing parts or items for customers grow room knowing they have decent to top shelf equipment depending on there budget. The reason for this is simple not all equipment i have been adviced to buy i cant buy in my country for one reason or another or its far to expensive for myself and others and sometimes i dont always have time to spend hrs on line locating cheaper or better or both items. So mistakes get made by buying below par equipment all because the product info says it will do the job doesnt always mean it will actually do the job we need the products for however thy may well work on other plants but not for canabis and this is the issue. What you all think or is this something its just me that thinks a good idea. ?? @Countryboyjvd1971 @Kapelady @FloridaSon @garrigan62 @bob31 @Shuggz @latewood @Hogmaster. Off topic but whats all the mentors thoughts on this. !!?

2 Likes

What you all think and can someone tell me when i can top them i am not sure when or how too top hence why these seeds are my guinea-pigs so i can master the topping technique. And how many times can you top. I am in wk 2 wk3 starts at wkend.

2 Likes

Try this site its approved by admin so you can let others know about it @Mikos
Hope this helps you brother

1 Like

I usually let them get big enough to have a cutting for a clone above the 4th node. This applies, for me, with subsequent toppings as well.

If you don’t care about cloning, top as soon as you get to the 4th or 5th node.

3 Likes

I have an affiliate account for aliexpress. So if we look up products from there; We need to add my affiliate code.

Robert gave me permission to allow aliexpress links and discussion on ILGM.

Mikos,

Best way to find equipment that you can DIY is agricultural supply companies. Tell thyem you are starting a vegetable farm, Tom’s Peppers, whatever, and as far as lighting; Most farms have a propagation room and that is what I have always said. Of course I really have a commercial greenhouse, so I am not fibbing…totally, LOL

hope we can help. Check out aliexpress and see if you can find some things of interest. Post them here in your topic, and we can advise you one way or the other.

Happy growing, lw

1 Like

Thank you @latewood even thou i live in the uk can i still use this site

Can u show me a diagram of topping and fimming. I am not sure if or are mine ready or big enough to do if possible plz.

1 Like

I have had an idea that would or could be a good addition to a site l8ke this if its allowed that is. With how things are in this day and age. Would be a good thing to be able to skype or video chat a mentor if needed. Or would that just be me that would like something like tht. ??? Whats your views friends.

This is a basic idea. I believe it would be a good idea to check out the rest of that thread as well. We all posted what we had.

I think there was a trial run of skyping mentors. I’m not sure if it was fully implemented or not. @latewood would be able to answer if you still have the option of live video chat.

I hope the charts help. If you need anything else…

1 Like

Thanks for that. Am still nervous on were to cut arrrrrrghhh i had wen i feel thos nervous. Even thou it shouldnt matter since thats why i am growing thm but still the thought of messing up bothers me i hate failing. Lol.

Is there any chance u could show me were to snip on actuall plants. Please. @FloridaSon

I’d let her grow out a few more nodes before topping. You’re only at 2-3 sets of true leaves and you want at least 4-5.

3 Likes

Wat about fimming when can they be fimmed.

Same as topping. You really wanna let them grow out to at least 4 nodes, but I usually top/fim around the 5th or 6th node. Sometimes I wait longer to see how fast they grow and to make sure they are healthy enough to handle being topped without too much stress.

1 Like

The same as topping. They are basically the same procedure, just a different location.

I was thinking the same thing as MB above. I would let it go a bit longer before cutting anything.

The picture I linked you to didn’t help?

2 Likes

Thank you i am confident enough to grow but all the topping and fimming gets me however cause i only grow for personal reasons and for medicine i dont want to many plants growing i would rather maximise yeild with 2 to 6 plants but until my new tent arrives i am just starting to learn other methods. I have only grew autos aswell so this is my first grow of regular seeds or feminized cause i am unsure of wat the strain is. But i hope to have new tent etc by nxt week. I will need to get my butt moving to make space for my grow tent which will be better thn how and wat i am using atm is fine for the first 2 to 3wks but after tht thy will need more space and more light which isnt the issue lights fans etc covered . D.I.Y grow box is good for seedlings. Anyway rant over. Thanks

1 Like