Unit keeps blowing a fuse!

is there any one that can suggest something smaller…

Is that an AC unit? I had problems with my AC unit tripping the breaker last Summer.

1 Like

Not sure what size that is, but looks pretty small already! Do you have it on a dedicated circuit? Are you using an extension chord to operate it?

2 Likes

Yes it’s an AC unit

It’s on a cord , could that be why it’s blowing ? And are they necessary to have ?

I like having a portable ac unit. Try to run the cord to a outlet not on the same breaker your tripping.

1 Like

Most appliances that draw those kind of amps will run on an ext. chord but the chord will increase the draw on startup, thus tripping breaker, and could be a fire hazard. You should find another outlet and plug only ac into it and see what that does!

ac or chord?

2 Likes

Heavy duty cords are best for those portable AC units. They draw a lot of current when they are cooling.

2 Likes

The AC , but I see that it is … it gets really hot in there fast unless I leave the tent open

Do you have a journal? If not you should start one that way we can keep everything together! Tag me in as soon as you do and we can figure this out!

1 Like

Ok … I definitely will

1 Like