Unfortunately due to an unusual hot, humid spell near harvest time, I lost most of my crop to bud rot

flowering

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

Unfortunately due to an unusual hot, humid spell near harvest time, I lost most of my crop to bud rot. I live on Cape Cod (Northeastern US) and wondered whether you can suggest any strains that may be less susceptible to bud rot but with a similar energizing affect as the Purple Haze strain. I am growing outdoors. Other than the fungus problem, all 4 plants (Purple Haze and White Widow) grew exceptionally well.

@Willd Can probably suggest something for you. He grows a lot of different strains and knows which one are prone to bud rot, and which ones are not.

Hi-
The answer is relatively subjective. The Cape and Islands get a bit more fog and humid conditions than my more inland location near the Mid Coast region of Maine.

Gold Leaf is a sure fire winner and turned purple as well as being super dense and potent. Blueberry is supposed to do great up here but I lost a whole plant to rot as well as 90% of my Super Silver Haze, 100% of my Chocolope, and 50-60% of an AK-47.

I’m doubling up on Purple Haze this next grow since it did so well here. I plan on being more proactive this season by exploring and incorporating means of prevention including milk which I never got around to trying last season.

Look for indica dom strains Northern Lights was tailor made for moist and cool as well as many Kush strains

Maybe even NL Auto. Get it in in spring and finish way before fall. Less time is less risk.