Unexpected seeds from autoflower

Cherry Pie Auto has produced unexpected seeds, but I am glad to have them for various reasons. This is my 2nd indoor grow, 1st with autos. 4 female plants, so I am guessing this one plant so far turned hermie due to stress. It started budding at least a week or more before the other 3. They are still flowering under lights. What can I expect from these seeds? Will they be feminized autos, or something else? Will the 3 others be affected?

2 Likes

They should be, but could also potentially carry the herm trait.

5 Likes

Upon further inspection I have discovered that another will be producing seeds…it was also severely stressed.

1 Like

welcome to the community

4 Likes

Welcome to the community

3 Likes

Thanks man, glad to have found this place. I have been signed up a while. Never had to ask a question before because I’d find the answers in past posts.

7 Likes

Welcome ! Ive had this happen and I looked at it as a little present :innocent: Now just out of curiosity?..How many seeds are you talking about? In my case I got one seed each from Mexican airlines, Bubba,Blueberry,one more I cant remember… Next season Im gonna try and see what comes out of it…If I got more then one or two I would have been worried.

2 Likes

They will be a feminized version of the strain they were produced from if they werent pollinated by a different plant. If you continue to grow these seeds that came from a plant morphing (hermie) generation after generation the seeds produced will be more genetically programmed to morph like that even due to less stress. After a couple generations the percentages get worse, but if you wanna try them out here and there sometimes its ok, just be aware of the possibilities of what could happen and be ready

2 Likes

Welcome. This is a great spot to land on.

1 Like

Presently, I’ve got approximately 10 seeds from 2 buds. I’ve got the rest drying/curing naturally. I wanted an early test, so I put 2 buds in the dehydrator, on lowest temp, until it was dry enough to smoke. If the rest is the same, I’m going to have a bunch, possibly a couple hundred…

2 Likes

I have 2 planted naturally with no pre-germ. Haven’t sprouted yet on day 3. Also, I took some photos of the buds still going, I’ll try to get uploaded soon.

1 Like

Hey joker. Nice to see another southerner with a green thumb. :+1:t3:

3 Likes

5 Likes

Still got a few weeks to finish up. How long have those been flowering. Looks really similar to a strain i have.

1 Like

I’m not certain, at least 4 weeks. Cherry Pie auto from msnl. Planted late September. What do you have going?

Ive got two that its lights outs tomorrow, and hatchet time for on Tuesday evening.

2 Likes