Understanding how cannabis effects our brain

For all the years I have been smoking the wonder weed itself, I have never really understood or knew the scientific reasons cannabis does hat it does. This is the best explanation I have seen to date.

This is useful for anyone smoking cannabis. Enjoy learning if you’re like me.

5 Likes

This channel is pretty amazing, I just stumbled across that Cannabis video above that was posted recently, but I have never seen things explained this way so I could understand it.

Once you start to grok the above video in regard to receptors and keys concept, the concept of caffeine then makes more sense. At least in regard to how caffeine can block the receptors to make you feel less tired, I won’t try to explain it but will point you to the video they did.

This makes me wonder how much more we can learn that we don’t currently know about concepts like caffeine blocking a specific area of the brain, such as regard to memory when all of this is active. Let’s face it, Doctors don’t even really know what a “Daily Requirement” of anything is, vitamins and minerals is all subjective at best. I drink a lot of ice tea, and in looking up how much caffeine is in ice tea, it’s about half as much or even 75% as much as coffee, which I don’t drink. But what does that mean, is all tea steeped the same as I do, I prefer it pretty weak on a average glass of tea, but I think it’s dark enough I can’t see through it, but not so dark that it looks like dark chocolate. When it gets too light it starts to be like water to me, I can sense the tea flavor, or more likely caffeine, is missing…whatever it is, I can tell. This is to say, I try not to dilute it too much. I don’t know if this is good or bad, but because I drink about 1 gallon per day I only steep about 2/3rds the amount and add about 1/3rd of filtered water after that is steeped (which is too strong for my taste, almost like the dark chocolate level. After it starts to cool, I add room temp filtered water and try to mix it in the pitcher, do a mini whirlpool in both directions. My wife doesn’t do this part, but I don’t notice it, it seems to blend together.

DISCLAIMER: I am conscious about not passing tracking info in the URLs I post, but this company includes actual marketing video. I use ad blockers on YT, so I don’t see advertising normally, but since some companies are starting to embed the actual video and skirting Google ads, or even using them, these ads are unavoidable. I can see the separates displayed by either Ghostery or Ad Blocker, and my wife’s Mac works differently, I use Linux. This is to say, nothing I can do about it, hope you’re using a blocker at least so you don’t have to watch it, but just mouse forward if so…just don’t hate on me! This company has some very useful info and hey, we all need to make a profit at some point. Worse are the sites that make you turn the blocker’s off to see the content…I like to say, eye tax was not a part of the Constitution. :wink:

3 Likes

This was phenomenal – thanks for posting.

2 Likes

I found it especially fascinating myself, some stuff I’ve known but didn’t know how it all was connected together…as an example, there was not only dopamine nerves, but how pleasure in other nerves (sex as an example) also get activated…also, the understanding of how THC vs. CBD and that really explains the head/body and he even mentions body high vs head high.

For as long as I have been smoking, I have just never understood it how he presents it and much of makes sense to how little we know about it today, or worse how much misinformation is spread to make the public believe it’s bad. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Oh, let’s not go there. I’ll get on a rant platform. :triumph:

My wife who does not partake and is an administrator at a hospital said: THANK YOU very much, very interesting.
From me as well

2 Likes