Underground Water cistern grow room

Ha! Literally!
Looking good so far.

2 Likes

So I did it I hand dug a tunnel 3"1/2 ft wide 6 ft long and 5 ft deep I’m beat. Concrete coming this week for sure.

8 Likes

10 Likes

We had downpours and my old pump quit. But I’m gaining

6 Likes

taking my time for sure

5 Likes

This is going to be awesome.

2 Likes

thanks @elheffe702 trying to get it poured tomorrow all I have left is electrical and rebar.

8 Likes

Nice work buddy

2 Likes

that’s going to be awesome when you’re done. Keep up the good work. I would love to have a grow room let alone something as stealthy and cool looking as this! :+1::deciduous_tree:

2 Likes

just read this entire thread.
WoW…
You are one dedicated individual.
Same state, opposite corner
My house also has a cistern. I considered converting it but decided against it.

2 Likes

Thanks @MindlessCorpse it has been a labor of love for sure. This is my busy time of year for work. So havnt been able to work on it as much as I’d like.

2 Likes

Still coming along, and I’m still watching @Iowacountryboy when you get it all finished you’ll grow small trees in there. :wink:

2 Likes

whose paying for electricity?

@amosmoses I do. I havnt been growing in awhile tho

impressive.
is it common to have water cisterns in iowa?

apparently in oregon, the government owns the rain water lol

im in massachusetts myself

2 Likes

@amosmoses very common on old houses here. Most people say they are unsafe and fill them in. You can harvest the water here for your lawn but not for use in the house.

2 Likes

few toys for the new set up. I’m still hydraulic cementing the inside very Time consuming. So I’ve been thinking what would be the best light for a nine foot space.

3 Likes

It’s coming along! Your patience to take the time to do it right is commendable. I can’t wait to see it in action. @dbrn32 is the man to talk to about lighting.

3 Likes

9 square feet as in something like a 3x3? Or a space that’s 9’ by something else?

@dbrn32 the room is round. It’s nine ft across and nine ft tall. I’m sure it’s close to 70 sq. feet

4 Likes