Underground Water cistern grow room

Run a sulfer burner routinely it will keep most molds and mildews away but proper venting would be best cure you would need to grow low RH like I do Don’t panic I grow plants in RH below 30 routinely

7 Likes

Definitely not saying the air shouldn’t be exchange at all, but a constant flow of fresh air is probably not necessary. Best to quickly change the air less frequently. However, now that I think about it, that may have a very dramatic impact on the temperature, which would be worse.

3 Likes

Hard to say, every space is a little different. @Donaldj brings up a good point, there are always countermeasures that help fight different aspects.

3 Likes

Give me a space I will make it work as long as a person is willing to think outside the box many places can be adapted as plants can also adapt

7 Likes

In all honesty I love it I almost bought a house just because it had a room just like that in it and I had already mapped it out including mold mildew suppression. Concrete is super in many ways it retains a fairly even temp is easily sterilized

4 Likes

I gave you wings back so you didn’t need to wait to reply if you choose to I have a few threads to demonstrate my point

I have grown in some pretty unfriendly spaces

6 Likes

You gave him wings, I’ll like those comments if you can get me some more likes lol.

7 Likes

Lmao beyond my influence

but basic to member isn’t a huge jump pretty clear they aren’t spamming or a bot which is what levels are designed to prevent

5 Likes

Well here’s what you’re stuck with then lol

They go as soon as I get them back even at member status. Obviously not spamming, just trying to spread that love.

6 Likes

@Iowacountryboy this is a very good use of space. The lower humidity will be helpful during flowering. Lower the better. Veg you can get by at 40% you may have to water a bit more often. (But don’t do it too much check the soil first) Make sure you have holes in your solo cups so the water can drain. I know I’m jumping ahead but do you have something to transplant to from the solo cups? If so, what size? I think as long as you keep air moving you should be fine. When it comes to spring air exchange might more critical to keep the mold issue at bay. If it is a problem. Some spaces are fine.
Do you have enough lighting?

And of course welcome to the forum. This place is great and filled with many helpful members here. We all want you to succeed, from seed to harvest. Happy growing. Don’t forget, when responding don’t forget to put @covertgrower so we get notified.

3 Likes

That space is awesome :+1: out of likes, but I’m watching this grow!!

2 Likes

Inspiration at its best @Iowacountryboy
Can tou add a second heater otherwise Youll need a way to reheat the fresh air in winter can you build a box on intake and put a heater in that to warm incoming air
We do this in the hvac business when we have 100 % outside air the air is heat twice first heater is a reheat second in primary heat just a thought i can get pricey to run heaters

4 Likes

@Covertgrower all I’m running right now is a 1000w full spectrum led. It true power is only 300 watts I’m looking at ordering 2 more lights. Along with 10 gallon fabric pots. And some fox farm soil. The room is about 6.6ft tall 7 ft across and 4 ft wide. The entire cistern itself is 9x9.

4 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 I was just thinking about this idea last night I’m going to re run my duct and give this a try.

2 Likes

@Iowacountryboy if i can assist tag me im a commercial hvac guy out of nyc lol
Before you say anything i live up state so my screen name applies hahaha
Also let me welcome tou to the forum
We have the friendliest and best members here all knowable and helpful
I would think being underground will help you maintain temps once you get this fresh are thing figured out
I see you looking into getting more lights that may help a bit when they are on ?

3 Likes

I would like this, but I’m all out of likes @Iowacountryboy sounds good.

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971

just did these a few months ago bought a huge old house all the plumbing and boiler was shot so it was a definite learning experience I’m a cement head. But pretty handy at almost anything.

5 Likes

Nice @Iowacountryboy
Ill try anything once myself
So you have a good handle on things it seems
How far away from house is the grow space ?

1 Like

About five feet from the basement. It’s under the back patio. As for the light situation I’m debating about switch from led. Maybe it would be beneficial to get two lights that generate more heat then I could possibly pull the heater out.

4 Likes

@Iowacountryboy A big Welcome from your neighbor @SmoknGranny :hugs:
You’re in the right place for the best advice and support here at ILGM. I’m a newbie waiting for Spring but … thanks to @bob31 @dbrn32 & others I’m probably going to try an indoor grow. @Donaldj has some great topics and is quite a creative grower so be sure to check those out. @Countryboyjvd1971 knows his stuff as well as the others that have responded to your post. So overall you’re in great hands.
Personally, though, I think these guys like challenges :rofl: But most importantly is that everyone here wants you to succeed!

2 Likes