Uncle Ben's topping technique

Hey guys have any of you tried the Uncle Ben’s technique to get 4 main colas ? Seems labor efficient on the other side will the colas be big enough to make up for the loss of not having 20 to 25 bud sites ? Thanks

I just looked it up. Seems like the mainline technique described over at growweedeasy.

It does but ben just does 4 kolas, Ithink I’ll stay with topping and lst and leave the trying new things to the experts lol, any idea what’s the max bud sites you can give a plant without making them too small ?

1 Like

Four colas! ha look what purple haze does with topping and training!

10 Likes

That’s A+ let me see if I can get my 15 like that

How long was that veg time ?

My nugs weren’t that big last time I just gave it a month tho from seed.

6 Likes

I did 30 days veg in hydro, I flipped it and now are 66 days flowering, 104 days from planting! I averaged about 100 days a grow. I did a Durban poison and got 20oz in a plant.

That is one plant purple haze, the sativa plants grow big in size and volume. the colas are longer. This Chocolope is indica and has fatter colas

the hazy are

8 Likes

Good job though, I did a lot of plants in the beginning but I realized that I could do better with six or less. I have a 4x8x6 tent, using 2 HLG lights 500v2, Six DWC five gallon buckets! We grow and learn to listen to the plants they will tell you what you need to do.

2 Likes

@Pizmopete My Blue Dream which is 70% Sativa. You can get a fat cola off a Sativa. Just saying…:+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes

Yeah baby now that’s what I am taking about! Sweet dreams!FB_IMG_1567261719913

4 Likes

@Pizmopete Love that meme. That is pure gold right there. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I’m doing super skunk which is easy and smells crazy, I left a mother now for clones, I will get the clones going 3 weeks before this one finishes my hope is to use that room just to flower, I’m going to try the SOG method and fill it up, I think I can fit up to 60 plants there in 2 gallon pots might need 2 mother plants for so many clones what do you think ?

1 Like

Here’s my California dream plant topped once with lst then put a screen above it for scrog setup

Sorry been at work all day

6 Likes

Ow That’s really nice buddy, I probably couldnt do it like that because I have 15 plants but next time I’ll do like 5 and try it that way, now I’m trying to get about 8 nice size colas not really bud sites

Now you know Moses was a smoker my buddy did edibles to you know about the burning bush right yeah that’s right it was a pot plant

1 Like

My blue ninja which is a cross between blue dream and ninja limone is that her seventh week of flour, she was always short maybe because I talk to her eight times I topped her main top the surrounding tops and then topped the two new main tops twice and up at eight colas

2 Likes

Hey guys should I do the first top in the solo cups or after transplant ?

Transplant, let the transplant shock wear off, then top. Really the plant shouldn’t be big enough to top of it’s still in a solo cup. You have a pic?

2 Likes