Ultrasonic and/or vibration mixers (not industrial) & cannabis tinctures

I got a Source a couple weeks ago!

1 Like

Is that the Vacuum method? expensive! will be watching :+1:

1 Like

It was not cheap, but it’s already paid for itself, if you ask me.

1 Like

Been looking…looks like a good product and will save a lot of time :+1:

The Source Turbo by ExtractCraft

Introducing the Source Turbo, with improved processing time, Turbo Mode, altitude-specific tuning, and upgraded crucible design. Perfect for at-home botanical extractions and easy to use with bluetooth smart-device app, Source Turbo is the only at-home extraction appliance in the world that is made simple, smart, and safe for all your extraction needs.

The Source is a safe, clean, very easy to use appliance that uses vacuum and gentle warming to extract and concentrate essential oils. Throughout the process, the alcohol is recovered for re-use saving the user a lot of money and paying for itself in a very short time. The fully enclosed, closed-loop system also restricts unwanted odors to almost nothing.

A Source Turbo purchase includes the full unit similar to photo (phone not included) but with the newly designed nickel plated crucible! It also includes an ice tray for cooling the lid, and ships in discreet packaging.

Source Turbo makes it easy for you to quickly and safely create botanical oils and concentrates in the comfort of your own home, and comes equipped with altitude-specific tuning, so you’re good to go whether you’re in the mountains or on the beach.

1 Like
1 Like

Okay, here is some Blue Dream’atic “live resin” QWET. It’s super green! Made everything it touched super sticky, too.

It was frozen while wet (both freshly harvested and from a peroxide wash) at a minimum of -10 (temp dropped to -20 overnight) for 12 hours.

*Roughly chopped the frozen colas into the Ultrasonic Cleaner and covered the herb with 2 cups ice cold 190 proof ethanol

*Processed in the cleaner for 13 minutes, occasionally manually breaking up the bigger nugs as they began to thaw; temp never went above 0°C

*Strained via mesh sieve, then once through a coffee filter using the Buchner

*Put used herb back into Ultrasonic Cleaner, covered it with 1 cup cold ethanol (was only in freezer a couple hours) and processed it for 3mins30secs, without stirring once; the temperature reached 17°C

*Strained that through the sieve and then through the Buchner using 2 coffee filters

Now, that lovely plutonium green QWET will get frozen for 48 hours, then TRIPLE FILTERED before being run through the Source. Hoping to make dabby-shatter.

Note: usually, I don’t want this green color, but because of the frozen FRESH material and extra moisture, it wasn’t to be avoided. It’ll probably turn a beautiful shade of amber, once processed and purged. As long as I winterize and filter it properly, this should turn into some really tasty and potent concentrate.

Licked my fingers lots (not decarbed, unfortunately) and it tastes so good, alcohol and all.

2 Likes

Alright my friend, the time has come… not to start an extraction… because when I get there I can use rudimentary pots pans, butter oil, glass jars etc… for the early ones…

but your the man when It comes to this stuff… I know its painful but could you think of the ideal starter equipment list of what ‘you’ would like to have, need to have…have but feel that is pointless, and rough allowances for each, things like thos silicone mats cant be cheap if you need a lot of them… at least I can get my head around… the future…:face_with_raised_eyebrow: and we will want to save up, im guessing “the source turbo” is a given?

thanks bud

Buchner filter, vacuum pump.

1 Like

Basic QWET requires very little equipment. It depends how fancy you want to get.

You definitely want silicone mats/bowls/pie pans/utensils, etc. You’ll need some glass jars and pyrex measuring cups. For filtering/straining, a sieve and some cheesecloth works, or you can go with a Buchner filter set which saves a lot of hassle (it requires a vacuum pump). I use The Source as my vacuum pump, but you can also buy a handpump (I hear they cam be a pain, but they do the job).

I found a kit with 3 mats, several dab tools, and oil holders for under $20 on Amazon, from Silicone Alley.

I found a very cheap Buchner filter on Amazon for 35 bucks. I would probably not buy such a cheap one again, but it works. For filters, I use coffee filters and also very fine cellulose filters (will have to get the exact type for you) for getting the smallest particles left.

Nutmilk bags work great as a prefilter before the Buchner/final filtering. They also work perfect as the sole filtration, if you’re going with FECO.

Honestly, ethanol extraction is so easy. You can do it with just Mason jars, a nutmilk bag, and a pie plate, if you want to break it down to the basics. That’s why I love it. It fits anybody’s needs, at any given time. Very easy to adapt it to what you have lying around the house.

2 Likes

awesome, I ‘need’ the…,I ‘want’ the vacuum filter for DMT extraction any how, so that’s awesome… and yeah that’s what I thought, ill start basic and progress…:wink:

with the pure grain spirt as a solvent, is there other options… most stuff in Australia has poisons added, I can get it though its $130 a litre, and I don’t drink any more but I almost would at those prices…:joy:… just curious… I have made a still before but I don’t think it the best idea at this stage in my life…:grimacing::smile:

That’s why the Source kicks butt.

I honestly don’t know what would be available to you. Anything that is 190 proof, food safe, and not denatured. Might find it at chef supply stores, for culinary extracting. Can also check laboratory/medical suppliers.

1 Like

cool man ill be doing some research and start doing some you will be hearing more from me…thanks bud.,:smile:

1 Like

If you get countertop still (not for extracting) you can take vodka and distill it down to pure ethanol.

1 Like