Ultrasonic and/or vibration mixers (not industrial) & cannabis tinctures

Okay, here is some Blue Dream’atic “live resin” QWET. It’s super green! Made everything it touched super sticky, too.

It was frozen while wet (both freshly harvested and from a peroxide wash) at a minimum of -10 (temp dropped to -20 overnight) for 12 hours.

*Roughly chopped the frozen colas into the Ultrasonic Cleaner and covered the herb with 2 cups ice cold 190 proof ethanol

*Processed in the cleaner for 13 minutes, occasionally manually breaking up the bigger nugs as they began to thaw; temp never went above 0°C

*Strained via mesh sieve, then once through a coffee filter using the Buchner

*Put used herb back into Ultrasonic Cleaner, covered it with 1 cup cold ethanol (was only in freezer a couple hours) and processed it for 3mins30secs, without stirring once; the temperature reached 17°C

*Strained that through the sieve and then through the Buchner using 2 coffee filters

Now, that lovely plutonium green QWET will get frozen for 48 hours, then TRIPLE FILTERED before being run through the Source. Hoping to make dabby-shatter.

Note: usually, I don’t want this green color, but because of the frozen FRESH material and extra moisture, it wasn’t to be avoided. It’ll probably turn a beautiful shade of amber, once processed and purged. As long as I winterize and filter it properly, this should turn into some really tasty and potent concentrate.

Licked my fingers lots (not decarbed, unfortunately) and it tastes so good, alcohol and all.

2 Likes