UK hours question

I’m growing in my back yard in the north of England.
I’m wanting to know when the stretch is done or will be.
Official daylight hours are 15hr 45 min losing 3 mins of light a day. My mate had similar but because of humid autumn it was ruined by rot.
What’s my best bets, tips a,advice?
Thanks.
You guys know it all

1 Like

2 Likes

This was 3 week ago. They are making th look small

1 Like

Outdoor plants can get huge. They will stretch even more once the flowering stage hits and that will happen when you get under 13 hrs of light / day.
If you need to keep it shorter then maybe start bending the branches down and staking them to hold them. Look up info on LST (Low Stress training)

3 Likes

They are staked down. It gets wet here in Oct. See this being disappointing or incriminating. I’ll say I don’t know what they are only can’t see that sticking with 2 tents upstairs oh well they were just cuttings or broken stalks I just stuck in. No propagation. No nothing. Mix of Coco and soil. Deposited used Coco but must have found soil @Spiney_norman

2 Likes

I think that is one thing Autoflowers are good for. If your weather doesn’t work with the timing of shorter days to trigger photoperiod plants, then you need a plant that will flower and finish before the rainy humid times. Have you tried Autoflowers?

@Spiney_norman

Im a little confused about the light leak situation. Outside is in an urban area with house lights street lights and the moon. Lol that must do some good otherwise they’d veg forever. Yet indoors it happens easier. Are people being cautious. My flower tent has a couple of rips from the pole and I’ve never had a problem. Touches wood anyway back to the confusion.

Totally agree on the auto outside here in UK. Plant mid may ready August end. We’ve had a heat wave but cold on its way and only in preflower. Will be lbs if they make harvest. Also solve my size issue too…

2 Likes

I never zip my tent and have had no problem because of light with my photoperiod plants.
I turn the room lights on sometimes to water when I forget during the day.
I shine a flashlight on them when I need to see the temp during the dark period. I don’t do this every day but its never bothered the plants. But I know there is a point where some level of light will mess up the plant so outside in a populated area is just a gamble. The moon isn’t strong enough to do any harm. I don’t grow outside because I’m in a town and in Missouri fences are rare. Many yards don’t have anything in between homes. I have some fencing but its pretty well open to anyone walking by. And if I could grow outside the weather in late September and October is wet and humid so I am sure bud rot would kill it. If I ever do it will be Autoflowers that I start inside and set out around May 1st. July is dry and hot typically so they could finish without a lot of risk.

1 Like

@Damo @Se7en is a UK grower, maybe we can get his input for you as well.

1 Like

I’d say end September - beginning October best to bring it inside if possible, is it autoflower? Or photo? Or do you know the breeder or strain etc? Or any of its stats? Some strains can withstand colder temps etc, also, if it’s in preflower and auto you probably have about 8 weeks left right? Which will put you somewhere around early October, so you should be ok I reckon but the main thing atm would be humidity and rain we have coming up! I am uk too but I grow indoors as I worry too much about pests :rofl:

1 Like

They are all photos

1 Like

Photos I’m not 100% sure on but some strains I’m sure can handle the high humidity as long as there’s plenty of airflow going where they are, is there anyway you can shelter the bud sites from the rain? Put a bit of sun protector screen above it or something water proof that still allows sun UV through? Can’t remember what it’s called but a ton of people here use it, @SilvaBack203 might remember the name of it

Conditions and sun hours are prety similar to where I am (Hungary) but i will grow my one in a guerilla move. Just like my friends did a few times near motorways. My country is still illegal to grow weed. Rather legal to brew shite palinka.
Im not like alkohol exept some great scotish whisky😅