UK Cheese Plant looks pretty rough Yellow stripes, curling up leaves

6.3 is the really the very lowest you want for soil. It absolutely is not spot on for soil.

Testing runoff or slurry are both acceptable ways of testing your medium’s grow for pH & ppm.

3 Likes

They’re planning on transplanting.

2 Likes

Run ff is a way of testing runoff not your soil and transplant is best bet get some flowering dirt spent a few bucks get the right stuff

What do you call this number as I say it’s almost a 6 that’s my soil with 0 issues

I’d call it a touch over 6. But that’s what is wrong with that kind of test. No two people see color exactly the same… as my wife points out to me all the time lol. Yes there’s a long story behind that but I’ll save it and not sidetrack this thread.

1 Like

I’d say invalid test. That looks cloudy only; I don’t see any color to match against the chart.

1 Like

agreed… I’m thinking 6.3 to 6.7 would be optimum as it allows the plant to absorb all the nutrients necessary, good night all, its after midnight here

1 Like

Happy growing!

1 Like

Everyone that grows for an extended period of time ends up doing it their own way and uses their own methods.
There are some fundamentals, but lots of variances.
I use a digital pH meter and a digital tds meter. They work for me. I know people that cultivate using drops, strips, or nothing at all. We all enjoy the process. We all want the same result. All the advice here is merely a suggestion. Choose what works for you.

1 Like

Well I must say in the beginning I used grounder which I use for 98% of my other planning put the weed seeds in there and boy they had hell getting through that clumpy muddy nasty dirt with an 8.1 pH this was before I knew pH had a big problem with marijuana never really that with ph with any of my farming other than marijuana honestly but I understand the principles behind it and I must say that I bought a crap digital one against better judgement and advice and could not seem to get a reading out of it to save my life I had to like push the dirt down into the quarter of the cup and like make pressure on the rig without touching it and spin it between my fingers for the numbers to ever change nothing ever changed on the machine so I gave up on that I bought that after I used the little capsules that you have to break open they’re not drops its you put filled to the line with dirt fill to the next line with water and then you dump a little green Capsule of reagent in there and Shake It Up let’s settle and that’s your color and that same test is what got me out of my grounder which what got me out of black gold and got me into Fox Farm ocean Forest and every test since there has been exactly the same color and I’ve had zero problems so I disagree with the faulty test because it’s never wrong water is spot-on 7.0 Aquafina is much lower the test is not an accurate it’s one of the most reliable type test it’s a little more vague but it is dead on notice the numbers on the chart are in .5 intervals there’s a lot of fluctuation in between there with numbers and colors so you can’t say it’s invalid it’s just not the exact color it’s in between a few which we all know Fox Farm ocean Forest and strawberry fields and I get pretty much the same color Kellogg’s however came out 7.5 7.9 it was like the blue-green color up top and my plants were having a hard time in that too so I say this is a fairly accurate way of testing let me rephrase that reliable not very accurate but a good judgement call can at least see if you’re way off or not which I was and was able to make Corrections