Uhm..gnats in the grow tent

Gnats have invaded our grow tent. Our grow tent is INside our house, in a storage like room made out of an old garage. *weirdness abounds~ No gnats (that we can see) in the actual room. Just in the tent.
Ideas on how to get rid of them?

2 Likes

Use the search feature and look for fungus gnats.
Many resources here where this issue has been covered

1 Like

Yellow sticky traps, a one to two inch later of sugar and across the top of the soil, let soil dry out completely between waterings…

Sugar? Not heard of using sugar did you mean sand?

1 Like

Sugar sand, my bad

1 Like

Sugar sand is also known as #1 sand

#3, #4, #5 are all too course

1 Like

A product called BTi. It’s available on eBay. 2oz is plenty.

2 Likes

Thank you @Skydiver, @TDubWilly and @Drinkslinger

I never knew such a thing (fungus gnats) existed til now.

2 Likes

i just bought gnat nix to top dress my pots just in case. 4 of six plants have them, but this is my first grow and i need to keep a way to get moisture meter into soil so i’m not doing it to the other two.

2 Likes

4 of 6 plants have fungus gnats?

ILGM sells products that help with Bug care , Mold care , and Root care . check it out and see if this is for you . i bought some , I’m just waiting to get them along with the Nutrients i ordered as well .

1 Like

yes, four of the six have gnat nix in them to protect against gnats. i have no gnats yet… knock on wood!

3 Likes

Thank you all So much for stopping over (here/thread)and helping out. I really appreciate it.

We got yellow tape, applied diatomaceous earth. and have ordered nematodes(sp?). - and watching our watering/mositure levels.

2 Likes

Many ways to rid gnats.
Sand or de on surface is easiest n put fly traps up.

1 Like

Point here is more air to soil . No fungus no gnat.

2 Likes

Food grade diatomaceous earth.
Kills gnats, spider mites, larvae…
It’s great!

1 Like

Absolutely. Diatomaceous earth (food grade) is the ticket. Frog Farm soil; Espoma fertilizer… All organic.
Despise “Miracle Grow”… it’s total trash.
Think and grow organic! Best method for us; and best tasting product ever. Growing in 5 gallon buckets, use fans & humidifiers (humidity especially in the winter months…)
Happy growing!

2 Likes

@Cyle1 was successful with the DE as well!

1 Like

DE is like the duct tape of the pest control world.

2 Likes

Killed them little bas******

1 Like