Types of compost and personal opinion

I recently went to the local hardware store for soil and noticed they had mushroom compost and cow manure compost I did some reading and seen chicken manure could be used too I was just wondering if any had experience or thoughts on the matter

@Jon first off welcome to the best forum
You get all the help you need here to get to a successful harvest
@garrigan62 has a lot of info on soil admendments
Yes chicken manure can be used butbit super hot and should be aged fir min 6 months prior to use
Mixing it into a compost pile is probably best
I use liquid nutrients myself and grow in pots indoors and outdoors
I recently stated using the promix line for my medium
Happy growing :cowboy_hat_face: :v: CB

1 Like

Welcome :smile:
i used chicken poo most of my grow this year. you can till it into the soil but it runs off fairly quickly. i make chicken poop soup… fill 1/4 5gal bucket with chicken poo and fill with water stir and let cook in the sun for at least 2 weeks IMO.
i also added wood ash and fish guts. this stuff is fowl … lol… sorry but any way my ladies love it :wink:

1 Like

Lol yea the reason I asked is I have access to a chicken coop and can trade sweat for poo so I was wondering if it’s a plausible thing…but I also have.access to cows and pigs just not as easily

1 Like

@jon completely plausible, but as @greenthumbfun pointed out, you have to let it cook awhile, so its not as hot. It’s great stuff, but you have to let it compost a bit.

1 Like

@Jon
The other problem with add poo to your grow is animals like cows :cow: horses :horse: pigs :pig: Sheep :sheep: eat weeds
The weed seeds pass right through with the poo even after composting weeds will still show up!
Chicken is great if aged or composted
Worm castings are awesome
Bat :bat: Guano is excellent

2 Likes