Type of soil to use with Bergman's Plant food

I was told not to use Miracle Gro. for soil. I ordered Bergman’s Plant Food. Can I use top soil, or top soil with peat, to grow? It’s all I can get.

2 Likes

Personally I would steer clear of the MG mediums if this is your 1st grow. If you can’t get a good cannabis friendly medium locally I would research Amazon and check into coco as well. If this isn’t an option I would suggest screening the top soil and adding perlite to help with drainage. I’m tagging a grow Bro that can pull off MG really well @NUG61 :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Thanks for the tag OG… @mrd6644 , i am using mg potting mix not soil. It has perlite and coco noir mixed in it. Using general hydroponics nutrients. I may add a little worm castings just to boost the nitrogen in the beginning. I start feeding after 3 or 4 weeks of growth. So far the plants have done really well.:sunglasses::v:

Current grow of autos

4 Likes

@mrd6644 :point_up_2: that’s how it’s done :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Thankyou, for your service in the marines! Most of us truly appreciate it. I really wanted to try just using Bergman’s plant food, in soil with out any nutrients to see if my yield increases. I’ll look on Amazon for something, but if I can’t find anything I’ll try top soil and perlite. Thanks for the advice!

2 Likes

Im using ffof. With bergan nutrients.

Used them since day one. No issues nute wise on any plant’s

1 Like

Day 25 of flowering on these guys.

Those are healthy looking plants. Thanks for the response. I hate to sound like a drip, but what is ffof? This my 3rd grow, and I’ve had decent luck using MG. I wanted to see if using Bergmans plant food would yield more. Do you think it would make that much difference, if any?

Fox farm ocean forest. Ffof. And ty. Def pleased with the results so far. This is my first grow so no idea about mg