Tylersays - First Grow w/ First Grow 2.0 Featuring the A-U-T-O-matic Experience

TY for that!:pray:t4::pray:t4:. I still have Brooklyn under. She’s getting hacked from directly under lol

2 Likes

I wasn’t gonna do an update this evening but after I looked at the girls I had to!
I know with 8+ weeks left to get finished I have ample time to screw it up royally but I’ll tell you what - right now I am totally impressed by this grow!
Maybe it’s because they’re packed in so tight, maybe the Jacks, maybe the Mammoth P, maybe Mother Earth - I don’t know which, but I swear these girls are growing at a rate i didn’t see with the seed start.

Check out yesterday compared to today - I swear I see a big difference. Plain water and Mammoth P yesterday.

Yesterday

Today

At the rate they’re going I’m gonna have to consider raising the lights and the hygrometer! They’ll be almost touching it by this time tomorrow.
I haven’t touched the lights, height-wise, since they went into the tent and honestly don’t know where they’re at now. I’ll check that tomorrow…and I gotta consider trimming out some of those lower leaves very soon.

Also - no burnt tips! LOL!
I do have 1 leaf that has some weird splotch of color on it - I’ll get a close up tomorrow and ask for help to figure out why it’s there or what it is.
Even the little pot girls are jammin’!!
So far been a great experience and great fun! I see me continuing this cloning effort with future grows.

Happy Growing Everyone!!

6 Likes

This is what comes to mind when I see your girls.
Early flower and the stretch is on. Fun times.

From a very practical standpoint, how are you watering, pruning them, and monitoring runoff?
How many colas are you growing out for each plant?

3 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand: u killing my brother looking beautiful soon it will have nothing but flowers

2 Likes

I pulled them all out 2 weeks ago and did a defoliation - they need another one now, which they;ll get this week at some point.
I have been watering with a pump sprayer and giving each about a minute and a half of soaking. I can hear the run off when it starts running. I’ve been running Ph between 6.0 and 6.5 per Mother Earth recommendation.
There’s no practical way for me to check ro values without pulling them out individually so to avoid any issues with salt build up I’m running a quart or more through each 1gal bag on water-only days. With Jacks the highest the PPMs have been going in was just over 1200.
Most were previously pruned to 3-4 tops. I think there’s 2 or 3 with 5 going.
So far so good, but waiting patiently for the hammer to drop! LOL!
That being said - next time I won’t be doing 12+4. I plan on keeping it to 9, maybe a little longer in veg and a little more training to get 5 or 6 good sites per plant.
A lot will depend on the particular strain too.
Between the Super Skunk and the NYD I had going at the time, the Skunk was the obvious choice for cloning because of the ease with which it grows. NYD is very picky!! LOL!

Happy Growing Everyone!!

2 Likes

Well reasoned. I do similarly by backing off PPM on occasion. Girls look great.

2 Likes

Another night, another explosion!!

Love my girls! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Happy Growing Everyone!!

8 Likes

I’d say you’re clearly doing something right!

3 Likes

I can’t wait to see if I can replicate this kind of growth on a seed drop!

I’ve been obsessed with SoG since I first heard about it in the 90s in High Times magazine.
I snagged a video probably 15 years ago on Pirate Bay or maybe Limewire or Napstaer before that. The good ole’ days of pissing off Lars! LOL!This cat in the video used 3 rooms - mothers and rooting in 1 room, 2 other growing chambers All 4x4 under HIDs. And he was pulling 3lbs every 90 days!

I kinda wish I had done a little head to head competition on this grow. Maybe half with, half without the Mammoth and seen if there was a verifiable difference.
We’re definitely doing that next round!!
I’ll say this though - I can’t wait until next spring so I can start burning through the rest of this FF crap and get it out of here. And so far I’m seeing great results with this combination. Tweaks will be made, I’m sure, but if it’s this good coming from seed it’s a system I’ll be glad to stick to - here and the main tent.
Now dark and sad…I have got to drop some beans!!

Then immediately order more!! LOL!!

HGE!!

6 Likes

Looking awesome :clap:. My ladies are really starting to top also. Only 7 to 4 was old

The back right is only 4 weeks old or I would flip them next week or the following. She is the only 1 I didn’t top . Now I am having 2nd thoughts.

6 Likes

They look great and healthy

2 Likes

Thanks they just don’t want to slow down now. It’s really fun I can train a little more on them every day.

3 Likes

Looking good man! I love it when they hit that vigorous growth stage.
My clone tent is waaaayyyy overstuffed! I need to do some defoliation but I’ve done all the training i can do really. I’ll just be using these 16" wooden gardening sticks I got from Amazon to keep the buds as spread out and as separated as I can.
What are you feeding? They look great and your training is sweet!
Keep on strokin’!!

4 Likes

Just giving the girls on the right original tribus
And the left are getting fish shit. Definitely going with fs. The stems are so much thicker then the tribus girls. They are also in 7 gallon bags also that could make a difference. I am just guessing. Thanks

The pot size light be a difference since bigger pots bigger roots

1 Like

Just a quick morning update - there will be more later today I’m sure. Sun hasn’t come up in the tent just yet! I’m kinda holding my breath - a leaf was touching the hygrometer at last peek ! LOL! The way they’re going it could be halfway down into the canopy by this point! Which, I suppose, isn’t an entirely horrible problem to have. I think I’ll raise the lights a couple of inches too - don’t want no burn and it’ll give them a little more reason to stretch! LOL!

I have got to buy some more beans! LOL!
The 5 for 5 Chiquita Banana over at WSE looks good! Especially that potential of 29% THC!!
I need to replace the 3 beans I dropped yesterday morning!!
2 Northern Lights and a Gorilla Glue - all autos from WSE(let’s see what these genetics do!)!
Started around 11am yesterday and I think I’ll be putting them into Solo’s this evening. The Glue has about a half inch of a tail, the 2 NLs about an 1/8th of an inch.
The NLs were freebies so I figure they’re older beans from previous seasons since they don’t seem to be growing as aggressively as the Glue. So far though - all good - I see a tail.
Gotta get my nursery together today and get everything prepped there. Will get the 2x4 cleaned up in the next couple of days and make sure it’s all good to go when the time comes.

Since the clones are an extension of this first grow I’ll continue this journal until their end. And I’m sure I’ll touch on these newest additions during that time also, but when I put them into the bags I’ll start a new journal dedicated to the Auto-Experience. I hope everyone will continue to follow along! You guys have been a great help to this noob!

Anybody catch this on Kimmel last night?
Funky beats, sexy chick, though-provoking words…I think I’m in :heart:

4 Likes

Yup was watching 4 the jabawakoa

1 Like

And the Halle! :joy: :rofl:

Shhhh the wife getting jealous now

1 Like

I’m gonna be brutally honest here…I frickin’ LOVE messing with my plants!!
It’s almost like I’d rather hang with them than anything else! I’m not entirely sure that’s a good thing…hmmmm…
We do what we do out of love!
I tried to keep that in mind as I beat the living crap out of my best girls tonight! :joy:

I think the pictures might just tell the tale…

Before the torture (to ME!!)

I know they’re in the same rows, but I cannot guarantee they’re in the same spot in that row. :open_mouth:
I might have been visiting my Purple Granddaddy in Coronaville on occasion throughout the process!

The story continues…

Without question - I was HARD on them tonight.
I cut out so many shoots I could do this like 10 more times, maybe 15! Seriously - the ILGM Super Skunk is a CHAMP! And the clones are no different.
Check out these roots - btw, you can see a few nubs poking out of the bags here and there, and every time I remembered to look at the bottom of a bag there were copious amounts of nubs poking through…and these are the cheapest 1gal bags I could buy practically! So I can’t wait to see what the Rain Science bags do on my next photo grow.
Anyway…

You can see the fibrous tips poking out of the top of the media too. I tried to get a couple of pics but they really just look like pictures of dirt. :rofl:

I mixed 3g of nutes - with MKP and Silica Blast. 2g distilled, 1g treated tap.
Ph’d to 6.15, PPMs at 2050.
Each girl got 900ml with the Bonnies getting 300ml ea. immediately after their cut. I watered from my trusty Walnutz measuring cup! LOL! I got run off from each bag/pot, but not to 20%. They need to eat on that Jacks for a few days then I’ll run a mass of plain water and Mammoth P through them to keep things in check.
No time to mess with ventilation tonight, but that will be addressed shortly. It’s not helping that currently its being dumped into the lung room. I will get it squared away. I WILL NOT have any powdery stuff in my tents! :crossed_fingers:

I sincerely hope all who follow, or just happen to read this journal without comment, have as much fun as in your grows as I have with mine.
Who needs a therapist? :face_with_monocle: :joy: :rofl: :upside_down_face: :crazy_face:

Happy Everything Everyone!!

9 Likes