Tylersays - First Grow w/ First Grow 2.0 Featuring the A-U-T-O-matic Experience

Killing it. Glad u got all yours seeds now

2 Likes

Man your girls are looking great!

2 Likes

Just a quick one before I go medicate and snack up my diabetic kitty.
Poor Eric! :cat:

A couple of snaps from this morning…

My mini-me’s!

Need to put the macro on this girl soon…I’m getting into a New York state of mind soon!

Got my mini-hygrometers as well as my 1 gallon bags for the clone tent.
I guess the Boveda packs work! LOL!

I did lose a 3 clones. As you can see they were pulled from low on a flowering plant so on 3 of them the humidity didn’t suit them and they started to go south. So I sent them far south.
These all look healthy and alive at day 8 but I see no roots yet. I’ve been decreasing the humidity and giving them time with fresh air a few times a day for the last few days and as long as they stay the way they are i can wait them out. i am in no hurry for anything…and that may be the Zookies talking…LOL!
If they don’t get rooted I’ll start a couple of autoflowers in the small tent and try clones again next main tent grow.

Girls got water 4 days ago and a full feeding tonight by week 3 of the FF schedule, and to tell you the truth, I didn’t check ro tonight. They’re looking good and the schedule calls for a flush at the end of the week.

Happy Growing Everyone!!

4 Likes

I think my biggest Granddaddy Purple is ready to go.
On Sunday all the girls were looking a little thirsty and it was a clean water day so I gave each a couple of gallons of crystal clear rain water from the barrel and they all responded well.
On Monday morning the big GDP was looking a little peaked again. Well I knew it couldn’t be water already and I was busy running around all day and didn’t really get a chance to inspect closely before dark.
Well, today, she looks like this…

All the larger fan leaves along the buds are drying and shriveling up.

I popped on the macro and tried to grab a couple of trich shots…

Obviously I didn’t use my tripod attachment. :rofl:
But as the image slipped in and out of focus when I was trying to spy on it I could confirm the presence of amber, which you can kinda see in the second photo.

The light is getting to low now to get a good look, but I’m thinking her time has come.

The runted GDP and bot the NYD are still looking great with many white pistils still. I should say there’s very little white pistils on the other GDP also.
You can see new growth in the NYD bud shots from yesterday.

I think I’m gonna chop her in the am and do a bud wash.
Seems to me I read somewhere that the early morning was recommended for best plucking time. I’m sure that’s based on a totally cromulent old wives tale! :rofl:
The Experiment has met her demise and is drying in the tent as we speak. She’s probably about ready for a final trim and to be jarred up either tomorrow or Thursday.
I’ll have to add more drying “racks”! LOL!

Guess I’m heading to Walnutz this evening for a gallon of hydrogen peroxide! LOL!

As always, taking suggestions and open to recommendations.

Happy Growing Everyone!!

7 Likes

Wow she’s a beast. Man better get some help 2 bring her down. Definitely a beauty

1 Like

When you did your bud wash did you use hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, lemon juice recipe?
How about you @MadamCalamity ?
That’s what I was planning on. but I’ve run across a couple of different suggestions on the rinse.
Some say 1 rinse bucket, some say 2…
THC isn’t water soluble so theoretically you could do a thousand washes and not lose potency.

I might just play it by eye, so to speak, and see how much crap is coming out of the buds in the first 2 buckets and have a 3rd ready just in case.

HGE!!

I’m definitely trimming the crunchy stuff off pre-bath!

1 Like

I used 1 cup of peroxide per gallon of water I only had 2 buckets 1 for wash and 1 for rinse but I did it with my kitchen hoes

Def do the wash. This from 1 branch only

2 Likes

Oh yeah - this is the girl that the caterpillar favored most so she got several drenchings with caterpillar killer.
I can’t imagine that’ll help the buzz or taste any! LOL!

Plus I know spiders have been on her too.
There’s no telling what’s tucked inside those nugs!

2 Likes

I’ve never used baking soda or lemon juice with peroxide before. I have heard of that method before tho just have never tried it.

2 Likes

I seen this 1 around

2 Likes

Yeah - that’s what I’ve been reading and seeing most often.
It was in a post I found on the site when I searched bud wash. LOL!
Then oddly enough it was the first vid I watched on YouTube, so it’s starting to sound like destiny…

3 Likes

Haha make sure u buy plenty that’s a big lady there

1 Like

Smokin’ tunes to mellow out to…LOL!

1 Like

Just because…

Gwen S. (Super Skunk)

Lauryn H. (New York City Diesel)

7 Likes

Ooh! Pleasant surprise today!

October 6, 2021, 10:37 am
Processed Through Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 10:37 am on October 6, 2021.

I totally figured from Thailand I was looking at a series of junks, outriggers and maybe a Somali pirate vessel to get it here by the USPS’s new standards!
Cactus seeds are a LOT cheaper than weed seeds - that’s for sure!
And I don’t think it matters if it’s male of female! LOL!
I’m suddenly feeling the need to find “Altered States” on one of my streaming services…LOL!

edit - Does “has been” mean it’s cleared customs? :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

I can pick it up 4 u lol

1 Like

I just can’t hep taking these daily shots. :joy:
But, being so familiar allows me to see the differences in the plant daily.
They’re looking great, if I do say so myself and I certainly don’t want to jinx it now.
I should be doing a plain watering in the next 2 days, but I’m thinking I’ll do the flush.
I need to do some reading up on flushing with Sledgehammer and flushing in general.
I’ve read some places that you should feed half strength immediately afterwards, others have said to wait.
The label on the bottle sheds no light on the question, so I’ll have to rely on first-hand experience.
I’ll be hitting the magnifying glass soon! LOL!

The skunk buds are getting really dense and are gaining some height. I also did a couple of adjustments to get things a little better situated and gained an inch or two on a few stems.
The diesel is slowly filling up the stem and the nugs are starting to swell. Don’t want to count my chickens before they hatch but she’s shaping up to be a lovely plant. And despite her sativa dominance, almost the perfect height even after my amateurish training.
All good though, we learn from everything we do.

Speaking of learning…I was sitting here typing away and my little clone army is a mere 8 ft away…lol!

It’s a small plastic tote turned upside down, and those are ice cube trays holding my Root Riot cubes!
Oh, and my light is a LED strip from a Fluval aquarium set-up!
So this is as low-rent and low-tech as they come! :laughing: :joy: :rofl:
I did buy the heating mat. LOL!

It is a good light though and has the usual spectrums and I just noticed it’s dirty as hell!!

I can do like 70 gazillion colors or something crazy, but I’m good with the standard daylight settings. I did turn the red up a tic. It’s app controlled. Are you reading this HLG? This is a FISHTANK LED! LOL!
I just left it attached to the hood for the time being. It kinda acts as a reflector.

I’ve lost 3 of 20 so far. Humidity on the flowers as these were cut from the lower branches of the Super Skunk. No roots, but they look good and some are showing new growth. A couple in the back with the more mature stems have the little white bumps starting to form just above the cube, so soon…
They just got a good soaking and are breathing some fresh air for a bit. I’ll pour of the excess soon and dome them up for the evening.
I bought 20 1gal grow bags and I’m wondering if I can slam all 18( :crossed_fingers:) survivors in the 2.3x2.3?
That extra 0.3 both ways might come in handy! :rofl:

@SilvaBack203 I’m sure between you and me we could get the seeds here quicker than the USPS!
My biggest obstacle between here and there is the Beltway around D.C.! WORST ROAD EVER!!
Although I’m totally shocked they’re in the county now. The last update before today was the 30th and was “being processed” in Thailand somewhere.

It seems growing is becoming my retirement go-to.
It was her desert rose I saved and nurtured back to health earlier this year and I’m trying to coax some blooms out of the Bird of Paradise’s we have for winter. I’m also about to force two amaryllis into dormancy so I can have winter blooms on those too.
I’ve got the cactus seeds on the way and I have Coastal Redwood seeds stratifying in the fridge now for winter sowing.
I think there’s like 3 or 4 documented Coastal Redwoods growing in Virginia now! It takes a little work but it can be done! There’s a cat in Northern Virginia with a 35 footer!!

And then there’s all these pot seeds! :rofl:

Happy Growing Everyone!!

6 Likes

I feed immediately after a flush. I think it’s growers’ choice in this realm but unless you’re aiming for hitting cannabalize phase then feeding is always the right answer. Especially after a Sledgehammer - nothing left to absorb there.

1 Like

@Tylersays I have the skinny on Sledgehammer. This is from FF customer service:

Thank you for contacting FoxFarm, I’m happy to help!

To perform a flush with the Sledgehammer product, you will want to prepare the mixture at a rate of 2 tsp per gallon of water. You will use the Sledgehammer standalone. Pour the solution over the soil and use about twice as much solution to flush as you would if you were normally watering or feeding. For example, if on a normal watering you use a half gallon, for a flush you would use a whole gallon. Once this is done, let the soil dry completely. After that you can pick up with the next feeding as scheduled.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact us. To learn more about our company, new products, and download our latest feeding schedules please visit (edited foxfarm link)

3 Likes