Tylersays - First Grow w/ First Grow 2.0 Featuring the A-U-T-O-matic Experience

This is what I thought flipping was before I learned it was the light schedule​:joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Well, well well…here I am just beginning the 4th week since the flip.I’m thinking everything is right on schedule. Including a phosphorus deficiency! :joy:

Fist the obligatory snaps, then we’ll discuss the issue.

They’re looking good to me and about right on time.

Here’s where the fun begins…

Got this one top on the NYD that’s turning red. And I mean red! LOL!

And it’s just this one at the moment. The rest of the plant looks fine to me. The claw-iness is kinda usual, with this pheno at least. For a couple of days after watering she looks all sour then takes off. Done it for a while now.
I managed to find a site on the web with the EXACT same colored leaf and the guy mentioned Phosphorus deficiency. And the sales side of the site does mention giving extra Phosphorus during flowering on the NYD.
But it doesn’t mention extra phosphorus being needed by the Super Skunk.
And if you look closely…

You can see it creeping along the edges of some of the fans on the SS there.

At first I was thinking light is too strong, as I did tic it up last week, but the canopies are so far apart I would think that’s ruled out. Also, it’s not the tallest of the NYD shoots it’s effecting. The write-up mentioned that deficiencies usually start at the bottom of the plant and work up - as we all know, but not here. In fact, the opposite. It’s at the top of the plant a node below the topping location.
One of my questions is - am I reading this backwards and it’s not a deficiency, but an abundance of iron and something else that currently escapes me but at any rate the two together can cause the plant to limit phosphorus uptake.
So now, less than a week after deciding not to flush I find myself facing a question - to treat as a deficiency and treat with fruit bat guano or to treat as a lock out and run the Sledgehammer through it?

I’ve got Sledgehammer on hand and will be on the Ace Hardware Weed Growing Emporium side of town tomorrow or actually I’ll be near the new real grow store that opened a few weeks back if I need to do supplemental phosphorus.

They got a gallon each Saturday nigh of plain 6.6Ph water but I was running and didn’t take run off numbers. They’ve been getting full-strength FF nutes, including Open Sesame and Beastie Bloomz now. And given the experiences I’ve seen many, many people have with FF I don’t see any other signs of a burn or lock out. Even most of my tips are tip top! LOL! I find it hard to believe full strength FF would ONLY cause phosphorus lock out and the buds are definitely getting thicker everyday, which leads me to believe she’s eating but is just hungry for more sauce.
If I do a flush I’d have to follow up with a feeding immediately anyway - I’m dead in the center of the flowering period. These girls can’t go days with no food or I’m just shooting her in the leg and expecting a first place finish.

I’m at a loss as to how to proceed.

HELP!

But - I’ll figure it out one way or the other. LOL!

Happy Growing Everyone!!

3 Likes

Oh - on a happier note my peyote seeds will be here tomorrow!!
They left a neighboring hub Sunday morning just after midnight. It’s only an hours drive from here so it just hasn’t been scanned onto the delivery truck yet but should be at my local by now. They should get it around 4am. LOL!
Yes - I’ve gotten enough packages now to know when they start loading the trucks here! LOL!
Ordered on the 29th of September and arriving on the 11th of October.
That officially beats ALL 3 weed seed banks I’ve ordered from and these came from Thailand - THROUGH the Thai postal system!!
I got a business suggestion for this cat! SELL WEED SEEDS! :rofl: :joy: :scream_cat:

HGE!!

4 Likes

If it is a phosphorus deficiency I would not flush. I would add more phosphorus. How much beastie bloomz are you feeding them?

1 Like

I’ve been using full dose of FF across the schedule for at least 3 weeks.
They’ve had 2 rounds with Beastie at a quarter tsp per gallon. According to the schedule I’ll be going to Cha-Ching next feeding.
I meditated on it for a while last night and I’m thinking I will approach it as a deficiency as opposed to a lock-out and give them a dose of Bat Guano - supposedly the fastest way to get the phosphorus to the plant in usable form, and see where it goes from there.
If that doesn’t seem to reverse the problems I can always Sledgehammer them then.
I just hate to leave them hungry in the middle of blooming.

Thx for the reply!

1 Like

Ugh out of likes! You will definitely have to update if the bat guano works!

2 Likes

Hopefully between the Ace Emporium and the actual grow store they’ll have it…or some kind of immediately available phosphorus I can use. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

At least it’s a really pretty red😂, good luck buddy, you got this!

2 Likes

The power of positive thinking!! I dig it!! :joy:

Leaving in a few minutes to head to the grow stores and grocery shopping…UGG! But I do like to eat…

I’ll keep everyone posted!

1 Like

You cooking what time you want us over lol

1 Like

@SilvaBack203 I’m an excellent cook! If it’s something I like to eat!!
My mom is 92, soon to be 93 and while she doesn’t cook much anymore - can you blame her? - she can teach me how to! There are things I grew up eating that I don’t want to go away. And yeah - anybody can fry a chicken, but NOBODY can do it like mama!!
And buckwheat cakes!!! Mmmmm…I can’t eat a regular pancake but break out the buckwheat and I’ll eat them until lunch - and then have another plate!! My girl says they taste like bourbon so that might explain a LOT! :joy: I like them thin - like a crepe.
Breaking away from Moms I’ve been trying to replicate my favorite dishes from a local Chinese restaurant that closed last year. :cry: Chinese food is NOT easy to cook!!

OK - my bat guano hunt was for naught yesterday, and I am NOT impressed by the “grow store” that opened in town.
It’s a house full of over-priced soils and commercial nutes. And they had ZERO supplements - just the product lines. Very disappointing. Good thing I wasn’t impressed because it’s actually further than I want to drive for something as simple as growing supplies. I’ll stick to Ace Emporium and the interwebs.
Ace seems to know what time it is as every time I’ve been in there since legalization day their product line has expanded. They’re starting to get lights now! That cat already owns 2 Ace locations and I wouldn’t be surprised if he just opened a full on grow shop at the rate they’re growing.
I also heard them giving out bad advice at the “grow store”. I overhead her telling a cat that after he hung for a “few days” to just trim up and toss it in a jar with Boveda packs and call it a day. And of course she was standing right next to a jar full of Boveda packs.
Uuuummmmmm - pretty sure that’s not right! Maybe they’ll get better in the future but atm I’m not impressed.

After much reading and internet surfing I arrived at a different solution - and apparently the most expensive one I could find! :rofl:
Rather than go the fertilizer route I’m going microbe. I don’t want to run the risk of nute burn this close to the finish.
This is what I ordered…

Mammoth P

It should be here tomorrow. Thursday at the latest.
According to the strain info the Skunk is about an 8 week flower, the NYD is 10 weeks. So that gives me +/- 4 weeks and 6 weeks to get them back up to snuff. From what I’ve been reading this stuff acts pretty quickly to get things going in the right direction. :crossed_fingers:
And to be honest - that “university tested” 16% increase in bud size/density sounds good!! :rofl:

Today (or tonight) the clones are going into their 1 gallon bags and hopefully into the tent. One way or the other they’ve got to get potted - even if I don’t get the tent in place where I want it. Worse comes to worse they’ll be in there in the mudroom until I get the space in here ready for the tent.
@MadamCalamity I’m using a coco/peat mix and from what I’m reading I should be treating it the same as straight coco. So in effect, I’ll be running a lower PH value in waterings and the mix should be previously saturated when putting the plant into the pots. With the Mother Earth mix there are some nutrients already in the soil, they recommend starting nutes at week 2. I’ll be using Mykos in the hole and on the RR cubes when planting - my question is - should I go with plain Ph’d water to saturate the bags or maybe a half-dose of Jacks?
Maybe I should do half and half and see if I can tell a difference in the immediate growth rate between the fed and unfed girls. Of course the unfed girls would still be getting the plain water.
I might just do the 50/50. It is an experiment, after all.

As per usual - all advice is appreciated and considered. So chime in with your 0.02…I need the change! :joy: :rofl:

As of last night the one branch is still the only one showing the red and the skunk actually looked a little better than the night before.
I didn’t get a whole lot of time with the ladies yesterday but I’ll get some pics and do another update on my progress tonight.

Some of my other plants are doing their thing though!

Appearing for one night only!!

Seriously - each bloom lasts one night and dies at sun up!
She did well under the Bradford Pear this summer. She’ll be heading back inside soon.

This one might be good for my sweet and sour sauce in a month or two!

And this is the ask and you shall receive bloom! I literally gave one dose of bloom nutes so she was poised and I just nudged her in the right direction!

She’s only partially open. Shes the exact opposite of the Queen of The Night - the Bird of Paradise takes up to a week to fully open and will last a while on the stalk.
I’ll get more shots as she open up more.

Happy Growing Everyone!!

9 Likes

I know lots of people around here use Tribus - not sure about the Mammoth but I betcha it’s about the same. Check out the Tribus (Impello?) website and request a free sample. They’ll ship it to your unimpressive grow store and some time in the next 4-6 weeks you’ll have 3 50ml samples in your hot little hands for legitimately free. - the samples from product lines who send straight to stores is the best and only reason to support the ones who suck.

1 Like

Ah that sucks that the hydro store was a bust. Maybe they’ll eventually get more products in once they are more established. I have 2 hydro stores in town and they both carry different things. I try avoiding going to them though. Prices are a lot higher than Amazon but when you are in a pinch it’s nice not to have to wait several days. Anyways yes treat it like it is plain coco. I’m sure you could get away with 50% jacks since Mother Earth does have some nutrient in it. Now I’m not 100% sure but it sounds logical. Lol

That pineapple as gotten huge! Makes me want a piece of pineapple upside down cake. Now I’m hungry haha

2 Likes

It’s not, mammoth P is a more expensive product for less microbes. Also smells different, and not in a good way. lol. I prefer Tribus, it still smells like a microbe soup, but it smells earthy and yeasty, which is far more pleasant that cat piss.

Oh yeah - USPS strikes again!! I figured out how they’re gonna delay the mail - even if they have it - they just don’t deliver it!! Even if they have it in ample time to get it onto the truck.
They checked the same package into the same facility at 2 different times yesterday. Once at 6am - in time to get on the truck, and again at 3:30pm. Wha?
There’s only ONE facility in this town!!

Anyway - OFD now, which means 4:30 because they’re sooo slow…

HGE!!

Kinda feel funny - no seeds on order! :rofl:

1 Like

Last time I ordered something it said it was out for delivery. Around 11:30 I received a notification saying they tried to deliver it but there was no access to my driveway or door :thinking: there wasn’t even a mail truck in sight!

3 Likes

I don’t know what they’re doing anymore! I’ve seen a private vehicle delivery jumping around the neighborhood and later in the day a letter-carriers comes to the boxes, and other times the letter-carriers brings it all!

We used to have the nicest lady and I don’t know what happened to her, but they replaced her with a total idiot.
Apparently they can’t back up over a certain distance so he’ll do a 10-point turn IN MY DRIVEWAY to get out.The sub - who I much prefer - leaves the little sensor in the mailbox, pulls up and backs out! Simple!
I didn’t want to risk getting her in trouble because the idiot is quick to tell you he’s the Senior Driver but I did finally ask him to not come up the driveway anymore. i don’t need the post office eating up my asphalt because they’re too lazy to walk 200 feet! And that’s round trip!! 2 minutes MAX!

Come to think of it, I guess I know what the problem is…

Isn’t it just a DeJoy how efficient they have become?

2 Likes

Yup laziness :roll_eyes:

Yup and I feel like it’s going to get worse with the recent changes that they have made, but what can you do!

Besides some of the issues, I love my mail man. He’s awesome…if he’s not working we know!

2 Likes

That’s how my wife got me 2 fall in love she went after my stomach lol. I love eating 2 much :yum:. I love cooking specially when it comes 2 my air fryer man I have 2 much fun making stuff there.

Bro this is beautiful

I need something like that next year

2 Likes