Tylersays - First Grow w/ First Grow 2.0 Featuring the A-U-T-O-matic Experience

You sound like me. :rofl: “I hope it’s male! No I don’t! Yes I do!”

1 Like

OMG that room is absolutely stunning! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank You! It’s a nice space and is kinda awe inspiring when you walk out there.
Even after almost 2 years of being back in the house I still stop to enjoy it practically every time I walk out there!
I bought a nice big desk for the laundry room to fold clothes and stuff on and find myself carrying the load in there to fold! So much so that my laundry table became my Mad Scientist Nutrient Mix Lab! :rofl:
Necessity is the mother of invention!
If you gotta fold laundry it might as well be in a nice space!

I gotta get a new chair for out there! Love my original but I broke the reclining lock!
Probably due to over-use! :joy: :rofl:

Happy Growing B and keep 'em straight down there!! :laughing:

3 Likes

Stupid heavy downpours and flash flood warnings!!
well, at least I’m not in a flood area, and unfortunately I’m not in a flood area because then I’d be close to water! LOL!

I ended up with a house guest for the next couple of days before the dry out!

I just couldn’t risk that cola on the right of the photo breaking off!
I turned her and supported the branch after the pic and have the mini-splits set on 72 and the ceiling fan on about halfway.
Can’t risk no rot getting a foothold!
Heavy downpours tomorrow and drying after that so she’ll be back outside soon enough - 2 nights inside…?
Cooler night temps coming - into the 40s!!

I’ll be shoring up those branches in the morning…well, afternoon, and getting rid of some of the fluff!

I couldn’t move the rest of the ladies, but I did get them huddled against the house as closely as possible.

Haven’t seen any more caterpillars on the GDP since she’s been getting sprayed - I’ll be anxious to see what happens after this rain. I’m sure my Capt. Jacks Caterpillar killer will be gone.
Maybe at least the rains will wash away some deplorables! LOL!

Happy Growing Everyone!!

6 Likes

Hey thanks buddy! Not much about me is straight though lol :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

i’ll get pics of the greenhouse at this place we’re digging in irrigation for…$80k greenhouse but it IS pretty sick man!!! the sidewall windows crank out, the a-frame windows crank out (for ventilation obviously), it has like the awning roll type system where you can roll that up and over the roof to totally black out. It’s just the nicest greenhouse i’ve ever seen on PERSONAL Property (not commercial, that is). She was outside working in the flower garden and beds while we were digging in 142ft of trench and 192ft of pipe yesterday (main line had two 50ft runs in that trench), so I didn’t want to seem too conspicuous snapping pics in her yard, lol.

HAHA!!! oh, and on a side note, i found out it’s going to be $60/YEAR, to have a dispensary license in VA… what’d i tell you about the good ol’ Common&Wealthy? :wink: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sixty bucks a YEAR?!? That’s gotta be the cheapest business license in Virginia!
It’s up to the locality whether they will allow sales there, right?
Our local Sheriff has come out as opposing any stores here.
Get over it dude - the squares lost! From what I understand most of his family would be in there shopping! :rofl:

Forgot to mention this yesterday - I’ve got Jacks 321 on the way for the next grow.
It gets sooo much love on the site and elsewhere so I figured I’d give it a try.
Obviously I’ll be finishing out this grow on FF and will have plenty leftover for next years outdoor ladies.
I got a 7lb kit on Ebay for less than $50. If it works as well as they claim at that price it’s gonna be hard to beat! But we’ll see soon enough.
Now I’ve got to start researching soils. I don’t want to use HF and am thinking ProMix might be a better way to go. I definitely don’t want to go coco - too labor intensive for me. I think it would be best to go with something that’s not loaded down with nutes and let the fertilizer do the job.
I need to do a little research on Coast of Maine - I’ve seen good things about them.

Realistically it’ll be another 3 months before I have to set it up so I got time.

Made the right call on the plant in the solarium - wish i could have gotten them all in.
It’s been POURING off and on all night and day!
And unfortunately, I’ve got to go out for a bit! UGG!

Happy Growing Everyone!!

2 Likes

You could use coast of maine. $10 a bag at my local nursery

haha, not sure what happened to the K behind the 60 :wink: it’s $60K per year to run a dispensary :wink:

1 Like

That’s effin a lot. So I looked up how much is a licenses to grow. They want $75k application fee and a gps grid coordination where you will be growing the ladies and all. U also have 2 apply 4 a linceses to distribute to dispensary another $50k that’s robbery

1 Like

well here, we’ve always said “i don’t know WHY they don’t legalize it, there’s plenty of revenue to be made through that” and now we’re seeing it come to fruition :wink: There might be more fees applicable here too, i would NOT be surprised. I just know he said it was $60k/year to obtain the licenses for dispensary but no idea if that’s to BE the dispensary, or sell to them…

Man definitely alot of revenue to be made. Look at Colorado, Washington and Mass they are doing great since they made the move 4 everything

1 Like

Well their whole plan of making it easier for past victims of prosecution for marijuana laws just blew up in their face!
I know tons of smokers - NONE of which have 60k laying around!
With fees structured like that it’s just ensuring the business remains in the hands of “big business”.

There goes my plan to set up a table on Saturday morning at the Farmers Market!! LOL!

but - years ago we used to get home churned butter there from this Mennonite family that came every weekend, One Saturday they didn’t have any and I made the comment that we were too late and the lady told us they were stopped from selling the butter because it wasn’t made in a “certified commercial” kitchen.
OMGoodness that butter was so damn good!! Soooo smooth and creamy…like butta. :rofl:

Only a matter of time before the vaguely worded ads show up on Craigslist and FB Marketplace! LOL!
I won’t know about FB because you couldn’t pay me enough to go on that site.
I didn’t like most of those people years ago when we were in school together and I certainly don’t give a flying flip about them now!
Now if there was an “Anti-social” network I might be interested! LOL!

4 Likes

Man dont be so harsh on FB they ain’t that bad. I get alot of customers from fb. Also it allows 2 communicate with my family overseas easy…

Exactly my thought they don’t want the average guy growing and selling weed. You got brown nose 2 get the privilege or have the money

2 Likes

Just a reminder of no politics, and keeping it civil. Have a great day all.

8 Likes

@Tylersays hope all is well brother. Haven’t seen you around lately.

Happy growing

3 Likes

Hey Silva - I’m still around! Was just spending too much time on the site and had to back off some.
Plus with fall coming on there’s a ton of stuff to do around here.
I did start 20 Super Skunk clones this weekend after giving the ladies a extreme haircut.
Going into week 3 of flowering and hoping to see some fattening up of the flowers soon!
The NYD got a lot of stretch but the Skunk stayed pretty squat. I’m just hoping the buds stack up like Calamity’s do! LOL!
I finally got my Green Gelato/OG Kush/White Widow order from Seedsman and my Zkittles and Original Glue should be here tomorrow from WSE.

I’ll try to get some pics and do an update later today.
They look so anemic after the trimming and pretty much everything under the net is gone. But I did get about a 5% drop in lights out humidity levels, so that was a plus.

Happy Growing Everyone!

6 Likes

Good ish. U got your hands full of ladies now man. Hope all the clones work out.

Continue doing your thing man. Was just making sure you & the girls were good.

Happy growing

2 Likes

Been a while since I did an update so here goes…

Is it 2 and a half or 3 and a half weeks since the flip? I’m thinking 2 and a half but I’d have to check my book. LOL! But honestly, it might be the third week.

At any rate, the girls are chugging along. Got a fair amount of stretch on the NYD, and hardly any on the Super Skunk. Kinda disappointing but I’ve got a few weeks yet so we’ll see what happens. Maybe she’s a late bloomer. Her PPMs are still running high, but have come down some and she looks good, not like a nute lock out or anything, so lesson learned on that strain.I’ll know next time around.
The NYD, like I said, stretched well and seems to be plumping up nicely so far. She’s definitely gonna be the heaviest producer this go.

I did pull 20 clones off the Skunk so she might yet be the biggest producer…in a way. LOL! The plan is once they root in the cubes to move them to 1 gal bags, as many as I can stuff in the smaller tent, veg for 2-3 weeks - MAX - then flip. They’re mature plants for all intents and purposes so I just need a little root development and I can go straight to flower.
I found an appliance mat that pretty much fits the footprint of the tent and I’m looking for racks for the bags to make watering and clean-up a lot easier. The tray is nice - it’s like a WeatherTech for a grow tent! It’s like an inch and a half deep, and wasn’t very expensive.We’ll see what happens.
I also got my fan mounts from Montreal. I think the cat remembered me because it got here a lot quicker this time. Just in time to beat the USPS slow down - like it could get much slower!
I’ve got pretty much everything ready for the second tent to fire up. I just need to decide on the soil I plan on using for the clones.
I got a small Jacks 321 kit off Ebay - Thx @SilvaBack203 for the tip - and will probably use that for the clone experiment. It seems like it’s easy as shit to mix and prepare and I plan on mixing a couple of gallons and just flooding the hell out of the bags in the tent and sucking it up. LOL!
I want the clone grow to be simple as possible, and that sounds like the path. LOL!
I might even try a coco/peat mix as mixing the Jacks seems like a breeze compared to the 8 different things FF wants you to use…most of which I bought! LOL!

My last weed seed order arrived today also. :smiley: I added Zkittles and Original Glue to the line-up, but the next grow will be the Green Gelato - I’m really anxious to get started on that one. Still haven’t decided if it’ll be one or two, but if I do two they’ll definitely both be the Gelato.
I do have one outstanding seed order but i don’t expect to see it for a while. Who’da figured that seeds from a cactus that grows wild in Texas would be found in Thailand? hmmm…That should be an interesting experiment…LOL! And I guess in 3-5 years I’ll have another decision to make! :rofl: :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The outside girls are coming along very nicely.
The NYD are really starting to plump up and fill out now. And interestingly enough, I’ve yet to find a caterpillar on one, but they really like the GDP. I’ve lost a few buds to them and fight them as best I can. It does seem to be slowing down some, but the last couple of weeks has been a fight on those girls.
They’ll be getting a thorough washing.
We had a heavy rain come through last week, I think, they’re all just running together now and days…LOL!
Anyway, I lost a pretty good sized branch. It was completely snapped and hanging on by the tough green outer skin of the stem only, so there was no saving it.

Or was there…

I’ve got my mini-hygrometers otw and I did throw a Boveda pack in there because it really dried out quick in this house. She keeps the humidity level set to “Death Valley” so when the big cure comes I’ve got to really stay on top of it.
I really need to start doing research on drying/curing so I know what I want to do when it really gets here.
Don’t want to screw it up at the end.

This NYD on the left, is quickly becoming my favorite outside lady! LOL

Damn my window is dirty!

Happy Growing Everyone!!

12 Likes

Thanks for an amazing update! Your garden looks stunning! :heart_eyes::purple_heart:

2 Likes