Tylersays - First Grow w/ First Grow 2.0 Featuring the A-U-T-O-matic Experience

your house and set up is beautiful

4 Likes

Thanks man!
That was her demand during the remodel a couple of years ago but I spend a lot of time in there. It is the most peaceful place to read and just veg out and meditate for a bit.
*Not to mention burn down! :rofl:

She got the solarium and I got the kitchen suite I wanted so we called that even!
*Although, even counting the big SubZero fridge her toy was WAAAAYYYY more expensive than mine!

HGE!!

4 Likes

That’s beautiful

1 Like

That is a slice of heaven! Absolutely beautiful.

1 Like

we’ve had a couple of little snows since we built it and it’s just so cool to go out there and snuggle up with a blanket and Khaleesi or Camille on my lap, my kitties that snuggle LOL, and just burn a joint and chill in silence and just breathe.
It’s a very zen space. I’m trying to convince her to let me do a low walled sand pit and have a cactus garden like at the Biltmore Estate in North Carolina.
I like the succulents, probably because I LOVE the heat, and would love to “accidentally” grow some peyote one day! :rofl:

3 Likes

Queen of The Night

Open in another tab.

2 Likes

Wtf I clicked on it and this happened

LOL!
Apparently I had the share setting wrong
See if it works now.
Of course it works for me because Google follows you EVERYWHERE! LOL!

This is google :joy:

That is freaking amazing!!! So cool thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

What :arrow_up: said! :joy:

They’re officially waking at noon and crashing at midnight. Well, they got one part right!! :rofl:

As you can see I got the scrog in place - I NAILED the fit if I do say so myself!
I might just have to come up with a way to add braces to the center section of this one, I’ll probably never get another one to fit like this!! The wheels are already turning…let me lube them up with a little PUDC real quick! :crazy_face:

I threw a few clips onto Lauryn H. before I wrestled her under the net to help flatten out those spikes some.One popped and ended up super cropping the shoot. She’s thick and healthy, and maybe I started silica too early because the 4 I bent we stiff as hell! But it’ll recover.

Gwen S. was a little shorter and a lot easier to get in there! She’s really been the easier grow and so much more agreeable than Lauryn and poor Mary.
Score 1-0 Super Skunk for ease of grow! You’re still in it NYD!! Don’t give up! :grin:

There’s still plenty of pushing and prodding to do to get everything spread out and nestled in for the long haul, and there are still some shoots that won’t make it, but I got a while yet to work on them.
I did notice more light getting to the lower shoots as I was able to tuck some of the taller ones into squares so hopefully some of the beefier ones will perk up and thrive.
I gave each lady a good going over and culled a few fans off of both but not much else tonight, I was running out of time! LOL! They’re eating them nutes well, but next time will be just plain water. They were still plenty moist and heavy tonight.
I will say Lauryn H(NYD) seems to eat MUCH more than Gwen S(SSkunk), but they’re both looking well atm.

I also ditched the hanger that HLG gave me with the light and went to 4 individual hangers…UGG!
Thankfully I probably won’t be moving the light much for the remainder of this grow, but I gotta figure something out before next round. I really don’t want to have to do 4 adjustments to change the height of the light. I’m sure I can make something that’ll work just fine. Maybe I can just loop the HLG cord back to the larger carabiner through the smaller carabiners? Hmmm…

I’m thinking I might add a little intensity to the light tomorrow. But maybe I should wait a few days…? Decisions, decisions… :rofl:

Outside girls got a little droopy this afternoon. I had to go out for a couple of hours and our chance of rain, cloudy sky gave way to beautiful blue and direct late sun!
Saturday was their last good drink. I’m sure the cooler nighttime temps are helping keep more moisture in the pots. It was mid 70s all night just a few weeks ago.
Each of the four main girls got 2 de-chlorinated gallons Ph’d to 6.4-6.6. I’m getting better at that finesse game!! Ph up just moves the needle so much slower than Ph down it seems.

Exile on Skunk Street and Mary J and on a different rotation - Thankfully!! :smiley:
The surprise errands threw off my schedule so I didn’t get any trimming done out there, but soon.

Didn’t get any pics of The Experiment today. Some of the outside girls seem to be getting frostier than them so I might go back to taking her outside during the day. Maybe whatever coating is on the windows of the solarium are cutting out a needed part of the spectrum? Couldn’t hurt I guess. And I’m probably just gonna leave her out in like 12 days anyway when we hit 12/12 outside naturally.

Hmmm…how big do Northern Lights Autos get? I’m wondering if I can LST an auto enough to spread out decently over the 2.3x2.3?
That’s exciting!! Just realized I can start new beans in a couple of weeks!!! YAY!!! :rofl: :joy: :sunglasses: :alien:
I’d better assemble my crap!! :rofl:

OK, I’ve probably updated you to death at this point! LOL!
My best bud says I go into too much detail all the time! LOL!

Happy Growing Everyone!!

8 Likes

Good work on that scrog setup

2 Likes

I am actually quite impressed myself.
There was not a second of effort that went into that thing when I wasn’t smoking weed! :sunglasses: :rofl:

edit: Including installation! LOL!

3 Likes

Scrog looks fantastic! I’m thinking about making one out of pvc this time around. My only issue is I can only find 10’ pipes around here :unamused: cutting it isn’t the issue…transporting it home would be interesting lol hmmm my husband’s truck has a built in inverter…maybe I can just cut it in the parking lot :joy: done it a few times with wood…anyways got a little side tracked there.
Next time if the stem is hard to bend massage it. It breaks up the fibers and makes it more flexible.
I believe NL is more on the shorter side.
Anyways looking good sir!

2 Likes

Depending where you’re getting them, sometimes the store will cut to manageable sizes for your (most times at no added cost). Worth asking!

2 Likes

No Home D. or Lowe’s? They both had 5’ sections which is what I went with because I drive a coupe LOL!
Even our last “local” home store had the 5’ pieces. And all 3 offer in-store cutting services for free.
If I did have to have it cut down I’d get them to do basic cuts and then fine tune them at home. 2 cut in half give you the 4 long sides, but if you wanted to put in a center “bracing” section, which I would recommend unless you want a floppy net for your purposes. I wanted a snug, tight net so I HAD to have it, I was getting a beautiful hourglass so I unwound, braced and re-torqued everything down. But if I was doing that I get them to cut everything on even feet. 2, 4, 6 instead of odd sections.
The mason line ended up being the perfect thing to string it up with too! I think they make it in yellow and orange also if you wanted to add a little pizazz! :rofl: It’s tough stuff and can hold a lot of tension.
Each side of the scrog is one length of line. I just knotted it around the starting screw and as you go you wrap it around the shaft of the screw in the same direction in which you tighten down the screw. The threads will grab the line and tighten it up as you screw it down. That’s where the larger screw-heads would come in handy, more real estate on the head helps ensure the line stay in place and doesn’t slip off.
With the little headed machine screws I used a few of them slipped off when tightening down and I’d have to reset and screw it down again. I only looped once around each screw and made sure the screws were 3/4 set. For the screws I used it gave the perfect amount of tension without pushing everything to it’s limit. Might have to play with it a little to get the feel for it. It took a good 4-5 points before I really got the “feel” for what it was doing and then I adjusted the screwheads into the approximate depth. Once all that was in place it literally took like 15 minutes to string it all up!

I’m anxious to get a look at the girls when the lights finally come on in 10 minutes! UGG!!!
The flip is gonna take some getting used to time-wise! :rofl:

Happy Growing Everyone!!

2 Likes

Nice scrog set up man.

1 Like

So far I checked out menards but they don’t cut anything. Next stop would be HD or Lowe’s . As for the line I’m going to steal some of my husbands mason line that he uses for work. I think he has hot pink and safety orange. I like pizazz! Lol I’ll probably be stealing some of his screws as well since he has a ridiculous amount lying around in the garage.

1 Like

@Tylersays I’m just gonna leave you with the fact that RQS has a 25% off coupon rn. :innocent:

1 Like

Nice try @Graysin lol! I realized earlier that I’ll have the open tent soon so i need to assemble the rest of everything I need for that tent to be ready.
I don’t even have a hygrometer in there! LOL
But The Experiment is only in there for 12 hrs a night with the exhaust running full blast!
At 5-6 weeks of being forced the mudroom is really starting to develop a nice smell! No filter! LOL!
And I still didn’t get any pics! :joy:

The ladies adapted to the caged life quite nicely I think. And the accidentally HST’d branch looks good. I did try to adjust her to a more comfortable position to ease her pain.
It was one of the branches I had just put the clip on and as I put it under the net the clip snagged the net and was pulling the branch back to where the clip eventually flew off and the branch snapped back basically bending at 90degrees HARD!
Unfortunate, yes, end of the world? No.

I tell you what - I might start one of these Pineapple UDC seeds I’ve recovered next. This shit keeps me incredibly chill about things! :rofl: :sweat_smile: :joy: :grin:

@MadamCalamity I’m definitely gonna go with the Rain Science bag but my question now is - should I choose to do a single plant and maximize it across the space, should I step up to the 7gal bag over the 5gal.?
I suppose for the extra root space It might be worth going to the 7, but going that large makes me wonder if I shouldn’t do maybe a 2gal pot after the Solo cup rather than straight to the bag for better root development?
Or maybe, ultimately, I need to concentrate on getting this first damn grow done! :rofl:

Did a little trimming on Exile on Skunk Street this evening. It was a beautiful day that I didn’t get to enjoy at all!

Still plenty of larf to get but I gotta go in stages! I got a whole grocery bag of fans off of her as it was. LOL
She’s got a lot of buds forming up and the center cola, I believe, might end up being a beast!
Including the pot she’s about 5’ now. She was the first to get booted off the island! LOL!

Was at True Value or Ace or whatever the hell it is today and was just checking out the nutes and supplements they had and I turned around and WTH? Giant Bags of Happy Frog, Ocean Forest, Salamander, Cultivation Nation, and CoCo Loco! All lined up for my choosing!!
They also had 2 or 3 Coast of Maine soils.
Prices weren’t horrible either. Maybe 3-4$ more than Amazon. I’d be willing to pay that to support local business, but I want to check out the new grow store too. I really need to help them stay in business I suppose.

I’ve been doing a lot of reading about the Fox Farm line up and use. I’m learning some interesting things.
I think I’m gonna stick with it for a couple more grows. Or until I use the gallon jugs I bought! :joy: :rofl:
No, but seriously, like anything it’s a learning curve. Why change after 1 attempt at something?
I know more of what to expect from the grow and the medium and atm the girls look really good.
So why throw away all the knowledge I’ve gained here to start over again somewhere else?
Maybe eventually, but for a few grows at least, I’ll probably stick with Fox Farm.
They’ve been in business a long time doing this and I’d like to think if it was total crap they would have disappeared long ago.
Just my plan this week! :rofl:

Happy Growing Everyone!!

6 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: